Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Fun game to watch very enjoyable. OC well I hope it was a learning experience. Reminded me of the early Vigen years but they got job done and it will improve. Man did they keep pounding us on the delayed cross pattern and then the weak side run. Heck it was like us running power on people you knew it was coming but we looked like we were lost on the weak side.

Their kicking game was f%$#$$ awesome.

In the end we got the W

Davis was well coached with a really good QB and a defense better than expected. They also have a really good kicker and punter. Well deserving of their top 5 ranking.

Bison need to clean up some dropped passes and missed tackles. And Trey Lance is a grown ass man!

Oh and one more thing. Cox about killed that kid on the one hit. The CB I think it was turned and stood their guy up and just T'd him up for a Cox freight train

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looked like Brendan Cook left with a shoulder injury. D line just got thinner. How great was Aaron Steidl, we really miss his strength inside. We need several interior d lineman to step up.

Lots to work on. Tackling and coverage for pass defense. Youre going to give up some when the opponent throws 48x. Hopefully the new guys and depth can develop by playoffs. The D did come up big when needed and on 3rd down.

We beat a top 6-8 team playing our C+ game. Much needed bye week then a tough test on the road vs Illinois St. Would have liked to see more carries for Kobe and Clark.

Although NDSU has a lot to work on, which is something good for a young team to have going into a bye week, it is clear that UC Davis was severely underrated going into this game. Base on the game UC Davis had with Cal, NDSU is still close to being an overall Top-25 DI team right now. The UC Davis game that was confusing to me on my assessment of them might have more clarity today. San Diego gave UC Davis a great game in San Diego. While San Diego might not be a playoff team this year, the Toreros did beat Harvard today in game that didn't get close until the Crimson scored two TDs and a FG in the fourth quarter.

As I allude to earlier, UC Davis could be a team NDSU has to beat twice this season. Hopefully the Bison do a better job at improving than the Aggies. It will be interesting how UC Davis does during the season, but I'm going to be happy that the Bison were able to hold their high-scoring offense to just one TD.
    Hail the BISON!!!

They may very well win the Big Sky as it appears EWU is down this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    They may very well win the Big Sky as it appears EWU is down this year.
    Will be interesting to see how next week goes for Davis next week vs. Montana. Bison fatigue/lack of recovery time?

Also, MT State seems decent this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with AGS? And No it's not a log in issue, it's not coming up at all for me.
    They made a change where you have to login with your email address.
    It's OK to not be OK.

First of all: We are damn lucky that dude dropped a gift pick six at the end of the game.
    2nd Trey wasn't a little off, he looked like a different player out there. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out later he had the flu or something.
    3rd Destin Talbert had a golden opportunity to shine today and was just horrendous. Seriously, the coaches may have to give the other guys a shot.
    4th Bad,bad game plan.
    5th Tyler Roehl had been brilliant up until now. Total brain fart on this week's game plan and execution. How many failed QB runs up the middle are you going to run when it goes nowhere??
    6th We could be in big ass trouble if Bridges get injured. Our CB's are below average other than Bridges. I have complained for years that they don't prioritize recruiting better CB's near enough. Do we really need eight RB's??????? before we recruit a better than average corner?? Where is Marcus Williams when you need him?
    7th Our LB's not named Cox are an exploitable weakness.
    8th Some things are just too obvious to tolerate. Derrick Tuszka needs to be on the field every down. This situation with him constantly rotating is just rank stupidity.
    9th Our uber talented TE's are grossly underused in the passing game. What are these people thinking? Really? When you have a clear advantage you use it.
    10 They really need to get through to Clark that he needs to get bigger and stronger because we need him power running at an elite level. He should have been a cut 215 by now.
    11 Throw the ball to Mathis!!! Enough with the decoy crap. Give the kid a chance to win some contested balls.
    12 Griffin Crosa is doing a really great job.