Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    "No. 1-ranked Bison hold off No. 4 Cal Davis, run winning streak to 25 games" the trouble with fake news headlines like this is they are not true. The Bison didn't just "hold off" UC Davis. The Bison won pulling away. UC Davis managed only one TD during the entire game. And in the 2nd half, they managed just one field goal... 3 points. Meanwhile the Bison were pulling away from UC Davis in the 4th quarter and showing stronger. UC Davis struggled to keep up with the Bison on the scoreboard, and ultimately faded at crunch time.
    I kind of think we were on the ropes and landed two lucky hay makers.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    I kind of think we were on the ropes and landed two lucky hay makers.
    That’s just the negative way to think of the game, cuz that’s how we think. In reality, UCD was on the ropes and praying to catch up. We’re spoiled and worried when a game is close yet we are in the lead. Leading is a good thing, and we made plays on D like we should. Champions win games, and it’s not like we shouldn’t have won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know we won, but the way they were short passing down the field at will was a bit scary.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

I know we won, but the way they were short passing down the field at will was a bit scary.
    The problem with that type of offense is that it sputters in the redzone with the field contracting leaving less cushion for their receivers and less space in general for them to operate.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This was a typical "close" game for us over the last 2 seasons. The game never felt in jeopardy, at least from the stands. We are so much better than 99% of FCS right now. We can only beat ourselves with complacency or crappy coaching. And neither of those things appear to be in the cards. Next real test, the Ducks in 2020.

Thats what the defense is designed to do. Take away the long sidelines and funnel it to the inside keeping the ball in front of you. When if you get to the red zone its a short field for them to operate in.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    "No. 1-ranked Bison hold off No. 4 Cal Davis, run winning streak to 25 games" the trouble with fake news headlines like this is they are not true. The Bison didn't just "hold off" UC Davis. The Bison won pulling away. UC Davis managed only one TD during the entire game. And in the 2nd half, they managed just one field goal... 3 points. Meanwhile the Bison were pulling away from UC Davis in the 4th quarter and showing stronger. UC Davis struggled to keep up with the Bison on the scoreboard, and ultimately faded at crunch time.
    So you are saying The Bison would have covered the spread if they wouldn't have run out of time?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

When we intercepted the go-ahead TD at their goal line and then they dropped a likely pick-6, all in the 4th quarter, it certainly felt closer than the Bison pulling way. I think we would have won in the end, because we did win by more than 1 score. They didn't capitalize on their opportunities and we won, but I think a lot of fans objectively watching the game might say otherwise. Not a popular opinion, but I can see why people would think that.

We're a good team. Good teams have games like that and win. Learn and move on to the next opponent. Lets GO!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    That’s just the negative way to think of the game, cuz that’s how we think. In reality, UCD was on the ropes and praying to catch up. We’re spoiled and worried when a game is close yet we are in the lead. Leading is a good thing, and we made plays on D like we should. Champions win games, and it’s not like we shouldn’t have won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. I never really thought the game was in doubt in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This. I never really thought the game was in doubt in the second half.
    Well, when UC Davis had a 1st and goal, down by 4, with about 6 minutes left, I was a bit worried that NDSU was going to lose the lead.

Gotta like that the defense had two TFLs and an INT to end that threat.