Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

I am a glass half full guy. I would prefer to beat a top 5 team in a contested game and get the chance to identify issues than to lose to a top 5 team and still have to figure out where the issues are...FYI, I see the next 2 games as our chance to play a quality team and show we can learn from our mistakes...then throttle the bunnies two weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    A Lot will be known after the Bison play a MVFC team, especially on the road with back to back SDSU and Youngstown in late October. I like the Bison as a young squad but they appear a little young yet compared to years prior, lots of new starters for sure. I see this team losing 2-3 games but a chance to win any of them.
    You do realize that UC Davis is better than most of the MVFC teams?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Was great to see Men's BB team walking around in the tailgate lot. Talked with them a little bit. They took a picture with my buddy's young son.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Then they get absolutely hammered by Missouri who couldn't beat Wyoming. JMU has 0 quality wins. NDSU has two top-25 wins. I don't the logic of voters who put JMU #1.
    The highest Sagarin rating for JMU's wins so far is #197 with an average of 218.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The highest Sagarin rating for JMU's wins so far is #197 with an average of 218.
    But they have an amazing quality loss to WVU....not sure I've ever seen a division of football more obssessed with who you lose to than the FCS.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    But they have an amazing quality loss to WVU....not sure I've ever seen a division of football more obssessed with who you lose to than the FCS.
    I firmly believe that is because until fairly recently wins against FBS teams, especially good/decent FBS teams, were rare. This lead to FCS fandom puffing chests about how close they played XYZ team. Decades of this behavior leads to actual ranking and playoff seeding based on "how close did you play your FBS team?".

Also buttBama, buttAuburn ...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    the voters are all idiots, come to the conclusion this week, there are actually people saying NDSU should not be #1 because the fucking #4 team int he country with one of the better QB's "challenged them"

yet the team they have as #1 has a loss to a piss poor bottom B12 team and have not played a ranked FCS yet but they are "playing Elite", sad i dont care about numbers but when it has seeding implications its something you have to take seriously
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

If Clemson had beat LSU just like NDSU beat UCD would people be counting that against them? Not a chance in hell.

People in the FCS are just sick of NDSU, this only irritates me because I thought Brian was above that but now it seems like he has fallen into that group.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    the voters are all idiots, come to the conclusion this week, there are actually people saying NDSU should not be #1 because the fucking #4 team int he country with one of the better QB's "challenged them"

yet the team they have as #1 has a loss to a piss poor bottom B12 team and have not played a ranked FCS yet but they are "playing Elite", sad i dont care about numbers but when it has seeding implications its something you have to take seriously
    I thought this was just about the Hero sports poll where they have JMU at 1 and NDSU at 2. Are some of the other polls now reflecting this?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I thought this was just about the Hero sports poll where they have JMU at 1 and NDSU at 2. Are some of the other polls now reflecting this?
    Looks like the other polls are basically unchanged, I think we picked up several more first place votes in one poll.