Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

I don't mind that he is giving them some credit for WVU, they are the 5th/6th best Big 12 team I guess and they lost by a TD. That said I have feeling if it was NDSU that did that against WVU, it would painted as some kind of negative that this Bison team couldn't get it done or something like that. Much like the UCD result is being spinned.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I'll say this, with the different styles of play and differences in player rotation especially on the D line... I'd favor NDSU over UCD making a deeper playoff run. Some things just set up a team for more success in the long run.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    But, the West Virginia was a seven-point lost!!! You know the team that barely got by.....Kansas.
    Then they get absolutely hammered by Missouri who couldn't beat Wyoming. JMU has 0 quality wins. NDSU has two top-25 wins. I don't the logic of voters who put JMU #1.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    He says beating #4 UC Davis by 11 shows NDSU was challenged.
    While UNI beating Idaho State by 7 is a Quality Big Sky win.

Hahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahaha
    its the same reason why the last 3 NDSU qb's should've walked away with the Walter Payton award at least once, but they never did. NDSU is just held on a certain level of expectations. I didnt think itd be an 11 pt game. UC Davis had the chance at taking the lead in the 4th but threw a pick, and then another. no doubt NDSU will build off of this since theyre new at probably 80% of the positions.

but yea, NDSU vs the rest of FCS is just going to be judged more closely because of their prestige. Wouldnt doubt NDSU dropping 5 spots if/when they ever lose their first. its the way the media who actually follows FCS can help knock NDSU off of the pedestal

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    It's just pathetic how these supposed experts can get so wishy-washy and flippy-floppy on criteria when applying it to NDSU. If had been JMU or SDSU that had played another top 5 team and not look sharp but still win by double digits they'd say it was a gritty win. When it's NDSU, they are vulnerable. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but how the fuck can you expect to be taken serious?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Can you imagine how far we will freefall in the rankings if we lose a game? Some of these clowns will have us outside the top 10.
    Last edited by CalBison97; 09-23-2019 at 04:27 AM.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Then they get absolutely hammered by Missouri who couldn't beat Wyoming. JMU has 0 quality wins. NDSU has two top-25 wins. I don't the logic of voters who put JMU #1.
    If UC Davis and West Virginia played, I wonder what the results would be. West Virginia would have a pretty big advantage if the game was played at their place and during the early game schedule. After that, I'm not sure WVU has much advantage to hold over UC Davis.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    . JMU has 0 quality wins. NDSU has two top-25 wins. I don't the logic of voters who put JMU #1.
    We have a thread on that, it's called "Bison Fatigue".

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    but yea, NDSU vs the rest of FCS is just going to be judged more closely because of their prestige. Wouldnt doubt NDSU dropping 5 spots if/when they ever lose their first. its the way the media who actually follows FCS can help knock NDSU off of the pedestal
    https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/s...790516225?s=19

Run the table the next 5 weeks. Already Tweeted that out. If NDSU beats the next 5 teams on its sked, and even if JMU does the same? NDSU is No. 1 on my ballot going into the playoffs. Promise ya that.
    So he's saying before NDSU gets his #1 vote over JMU, NDSU must go 9-0 with 6 FCS Stats top 25 wins. All while JMU plays 2 FCS Stats top 25 teams, but they lost really good to West Virginia so it all makes sense.

Currently NDSU has 2 top 25 wins, JMU has zero.

If only there were an objective set of criteria, established before anyone started playing games that could be used to judge these things, so we wouldn’t have to rely on the opinions of people who’s job is to narrate the contests rather than evaluate the teams playing them.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

25>3

10 characters
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!