Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best non-SDSU/UN_ rivalry memories

met1990 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Best non-SDSU/UN_ rivalry memories

deleting profile........................................... .
    Last edited by met1990; 06-20-2020 at 04:33 AM.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Best non-SDSU/UN_ rivalry memories

I am reminded of the inaugural game in the Fargo Dome that matched the Bison with Pitt State. 35-10 win for the good guys, and the new era of indoor football.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    I am reminded of the inaugural game in the Fargo Dome that matched the Bison with Pitt State. 35-10 win for the good guys, and the new era of indoor football.
    In spite of the win, I don't remember that day fondly. However, I still have my "Thunder Zone" t-shirt that commemorates the event. (Somehow, it has shrunken drastically...)
    Insert something clever here...

The first game against Georgia Southern in 2006 comes to mind. Flying to Atlanta with my dad, we drove over to Statesboro on game day. Seeing their tailgating setup impressed us right away. We figured this is how I-AA football is going to be. It was a first class operation with very welcoming fans. They even introduced us Northerners to boiled peanuts!

I'm pretty certain the Eagle fanbase was not prepared for what was about to happen to their team on the field. They were quite boisterous at the outset, chanting "Who's house? Our house!" Our contingent wasn't very large that day, but by midway through the 2nd quarter, we had a lot more to cheer about than they did.

Though the final score escapes me, we pounded them pretty convincingly. By the 4th quarter, our crowd turned the tables on the GSU fans by chanting the "Who's house? Our house!" back at what remained of their thinning crowd.

Hanging with WyoBisonman, we enjoyed a few cold ones at a local bar. Most of the Georgians were complimentary of our team, but one vehicle had some hillbillies who felt it necessary to tell us to fuck off and go home!

We did go home, but like the Bison team, we brought back with us a lot of good memories and more importantly, a belief that our program would be just fine competing at this higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post
    The first game against Georgia Southern in 2006 comes to mind. Flying to Atlanta with my dad, we drove over to Statesboro on game day. Seeing their tailgating setup impressed us right away. We figured this is how I-AA football is going to be. It was a first class operation with very welcoming fans. They even introduced us Northerners to boiled peanuts!

I'm pretty certain the Eagle fanbase was not prepared for what was about to happen to their team on the field. They were quite boisterous at the outset, chanting "Who's house? Our house!" Our contingent wasn't very large that day, but by midway through the 2nd quarter, we had a lot more to cheer about than they did.

Though the final score escapes me, we pounded them pretty convincingly. By the 4th quarter, our crowd turned the tables on the GSU fans by chanting the "Who's house? Our house!" back at what remained of their thinning crowd.

Hanging with WyoBisonman, we enjoyed a few cold ones at a local bar. Most of the Georgians were complimentary of our team, but one vehicle had some hillbillies who felt it necessary to tell us to fuck off and go home!

We did go home, but like the Bison team, we brought back with us a lot of good memories and more importantly, a belief that our program would be just fine competing at this higher level.
    This is an awesome story. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Though the final score escapes me, we pounded them pretty convincingly.
    34-14 Bison

533 In a row

Beating Georgia Southern at home the same year they bought out the 2006 return game in Fargo was amazing. Really crushing them after this completely gutless move made it a lot more fun.

Montana State 2010 in Bozeman felt like a rivalry game. Their fans were either the nicest people ever or the most assholish drunken hillbillies west of the Mississippi. Lol

I remember talking to you and your dad. I think I almost passed out yelling "our house"....but that may have had something to do with the prior evening activities.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    34-14 Bison
    Oh, like you were there or something
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Didn't Arden Beachy break his leg at that game?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA