Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And your 2019 FCS selection committee chairman is.....

Default Re: And your 2019 FCS selection committee chairman is.....

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Yes, but what about quality losses?
    Wouldn't surprise me if theyre still riding that Auburn one.

Pretty excited to see North Alabama bring em back down to earth this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Odds are this guy won’t screw it up any worse than is typical. Could he do any worse than the lopsided travesty of last year’s bracket? Good teams from strong conferences will be under seeded or not invited and empty records from weak conferences will be rewarded with weeks off and home games.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Hey, they just beat EWU. They can ride that quality win all the way to a 1 seed.
    Is a 1 seed enough hype? I’m thinking this is a -4 to -9 seed for sure.

I think we should give JSU a break. Based on the the immense adversity they face, we clearly underrate them. These poor fellas have to deal with hot, humid weather. Their staple diet is fast food, which is killing the waistline of their linemen. At best, they are the sixth most important college football program in their own state. They have play second fiddle to their own band. And last lastly, their mascot is the Gamecocks. That's a lot to overcome before even playing an opponent come playoff time. Perhaps, we should respect their lofty seed each year, even if they are most likely done come the Quarterfinals.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Odds are this guy won’t screw it up any worse than is typical. Could he do any worse than the lopsided travesty of last year’s bracket? Good teams from strong conferences will be under seeded or not invited and empty records from weak conferences will be rewarded with weeks off and home games.
    Bisonville fully endorses this message.

Could this have the opposite effect?
    Giving them a disadvantage with him trying to look ‘fair’
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

The fans of schools like JSU and UNH that have gotten some pretty favorable placement from the selection committee while their AD has been on it have always used the retort "He has to leave whenever the committee is discussing his team or another team within his team's conference" but I'm convinced that it's just human nature that some of these guys develop friendships with each other and there's a little bit of "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" going on even if it's unspoken.

In general I think the selection committee does a better job that they get credit for and their job is a lot harder than most people think but they could also do themselves some favors by being a little more consistent with their selection criteria. SOS matters... most of the time. Quality wins matter... sometimes. Quality losses matter... sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The guy who was holding on to the NCAA Division I National Championship trophy prior to the game between NDSU and some team with a heck of a band.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯