Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: This may be the greatest letter to the Forum ever.

Default Re: This may be the greatest letter to the Forum ever.

You can yell longer and louder when standing compared to seated. It's science!

Actually, it really is: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...03999305014723

Main Outcome Measures
    For LC-EF, forced vital capacity, maximum forced expiratory flow, forced expiratory volume in 1 second, and peak expiratory flow; and lumbar lordosis.

Results
    All LC-EF measures in standing were significantly superior to those in slumped and normal sitting, and 4 measures were significantly higher than in WO-BPS. In slumped sitting, LC-EF significantly decreased from that in normal sitting. WO-BPS sitting significantly increased 4 of the LC-EF measures from those in the normal sitting. Lumbar lordosis was the highest in standing and progressively decreased in WO-BPS, normal, and slumped sitting.

Conclusions
    Slumped sitting significantly decreased LC-EF and lumbar lordosis. Because it increases the lumbar lordosis and promotes LC-EF, the WO-BPS posture may be a better seating option for people sitting for a prolonged time.

Default This may be the greatest letter to the Forum ever.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    What's your opinion on shaking car keys on kickoffs for extra noise? What about yelling with your hands cupped over your mouth as a megaphone vs. yelling and clapping at the same time? I want to make sure you think I am doing it right.
    In general, if you are doing everything or more than the good fans are doing, you are an even better fan.

If you are doing less than these great fans are doing during games, then you are a terrible fan. Pretty simple really.

And no, it has nothing to do with virtue signaling. Just do like they say and don’t be a terrible fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SafeTeeJ View Post
    Are you the same idiot that was chanting “ Sioux sux chit” after every Bison first down, in front of my young daughters at the Butler game?

I don’t get the whole standing up thing, unless you have ADHD???
    lol...... wut? I thought we banned gopher fans from BV?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You can yell longer and louder when standing compared to seated. It's science!

Actually, it really is: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...03999305014723
    This is all true, but even though I WANT to be a good fan, I’m also concerned about the carbon footprint I may be leaving with all this exhaling.

Throw in a little flatulence after a long morning of tailgating, and then multiply that by 18k people, and you’ve got the makings of a full on climatological disaster inside that Fargo Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    This is all true, but even though I WANT to be a good fan, I’m also concerned about the carbon footprint I may be leaving with all this exhaling.

Throw in a little flatulence after a long morning of tailgating, and then multiply that by 18k people, and you’ve got the makings of a full on climatological disaster inside that Fargo Dome.
    Change your name to AOC......This is right out of her wheelhouse. lol
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    On kickoffs, I stand and hold my hands up wiggling my fingers and yell ohhhhhhhhhhhh OH!

On first downs I stand and point my finger and move my arm in a circle waiting for the announcer to say BISON, then I yell, FIRST DOWN, OHHHH MOVE THOSE CHAINS.

On defense, I stand and yell as loud as I can until they punt. Once we are up 4 scores I only stand on 3rd downs.
    This is the correct take.

Life hack- learn to whistle so damn loud that it causes you physical pain. It takes 1/4 the effort of screaming and is 10X more piercing. I measure my life as a Bison fan in 2 parts: before and after learning to whistle like f*cking maniac.

If you watch the Jabril Cox pick 6 against delaware, you can audibly hear me whistling on the tv broadcast. I dont wanna take credit for the pick 6 or anything buuuuuut. facts are facts
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Default This may be the greatest letter to the Forum ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Change your name to AOC......This is right out of her wheelhouse. lol
    If this AOC doesn’t stand and yell during Bison games, or wiggle her fingers vigorously enough during kickoffs, then maybe SHE is the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    In general, if you are doing everything or more than the good fans are doing, you are an even better fan.

If you are doing less than these great fans are doing during games, then you are a terrible fan. Pretty simple really.

And no, it has nothing to do with virtue signaling. Just do like they say and don’t be a terrible fan.
    Hey Greta. Never said someone wasn't a "good fan" for not doing these things. Just said they are whiny little bitches if they complain about others that do at a football game. Try and keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Im SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED TO YOU, CARMEN!

Holy cow, Can you imagine being such a bitter person that the mere idea of fans enjoying their football team gets you so triggered that you have to write nonsensical screeds to the local newspaper?
    A close loved one should check on Carmen asap to see if she is okay
    This may be the worst letter to the editor ever. I actually feel sorry for the writer.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Hey Greta. Never said someone wasn't a "good fan" for not doing these things. Just said they are whiny little bitches if they complain about others that do at a football game. Try and keep up.
    Jeez man, take the hostility down a couple of notches.