Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 UC Davis

Default Re: 2019 UC Davis

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Latest game of theirs I could find online was quarterfinal loss on Tampax Turf. My eyes are burning.
    Here are some of Cal Davis’ highlights from the Lehigh game

https://m.facebook.com/logged_out/wa...jGEdTHkyB&_rdr

Haven’t watched, but looks like complete Cal Davis - Cal game is here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab5aoViUcpw

Davis got out to a 10-0 lead against Berkeley before the Golden Bears rallied for a 27-13 win. Cal now at 3-0 with a 20-19 win at Washington and a 23-17 win against North Texas.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 09-16-2019 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I guess we'd have to have a discussion about whether it's appropriate to apply all the attributes of one subset of a set to all members of the set. Ven diagrams would be involved.
    Well, set theory has been one of the greatest methods for investigating the limits of our understanding, ie the set of all sets that do not contain themselves.

Well, set theory has been one of the greatest methods for investigating the limits of our understanding, ie the set of all sets that do not contain themselves.
    Your particular query seems a lot more straight forward than that.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Your particular query seems a lot more straight forward than that.
    My query was suggesting we might all be nothing more than a simulation.

My query was suggesting we might all be nothing more than a simulation.
    Yeah. I get that. I just don't think it changes anything relative to ascribing human attributes to an algorithm designed to rate sports teams based on a few simple variables.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Yeah. I get that. I just don't think it changes anything relative to ascribing human attributes to an algorithm designed to rate sports teams based on a few simple variables.
    That was Chris's deal. Pretty sure it's a riff on Sagarin spreads leading to Entz calling fake field goals.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Braun was at UNI last year when they played Davis in the playoffs. Should be a big advantage to game planning.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Here are some of Cal Davis’ highlights from the Lehigh game

https://m.facebook.com/logged_out/wa...jGEdTHkyB&_rdr

Haven’t watched, but looks like complete Cal Davis - Cal game is here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab5aoViUcpw

Davis got out to a 10-0 lead against Berkeley before the Golden Bears rallied for a 27-13 win. Cal now at 3-0 with a 20-19 win at Washington and a 23-17 win against North Texas.
    Thank you for this.

That was Chris's deal. Pretty sure it's a riff on Sagarin spreads leading to Entz calling fake field goals.
    Sorry, didn't catch that, the first time, obviously.

Hawkins will have his guys ready to play DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL... NOT INTRAMURALS