Looking good Billy Ray!

Default Re: 2019 UC Davis

38peat? We talking minimum 38peat!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Finally.

IT'S FLIGHT STALKING TIME!!!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...000Z/KSMF/KFAR
    It appears they are late getting out. Scared??
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Really hard to gauge how good UC Davis is due to the lack of video footage for 2019. The only game available was their Cal game (if you can't stand clapping QBs like me, this game is hard to watch), which they were really competitive and aggressive early on and then faded away after the first half. Not bad considering Cal would go to Washington and win late (really late due to a long weather delay) game via a FG. To me, it appeared on offense, UC Davis is strong with their scripted plays as they are really high tempo (ball is snapped before the play clock hits 20 seconds), but once those run out, they're a bit tentative. After the scripted plays, they would line up and then look at the coaches for direction. My guess, the QB hasn't been taught how to read defenses very well.

Judging by their game against San Diego they gave up a lot of yards passing and a decent amount of rushing. They also gave up three turn-overs and barely got by a team that previously got smashed by Cal-Poly.

Looking at the stats from the Lehigh game, they still gave up a lot of passing yards - most of which was in the second half and probably during garbage time, but did well stopping the run.

My short synopsis is that UC Davis is super pass-heavy as they have a pretty good QB and talent at the WR position. They also do have a good RB, not great, but good. Based on how they played against Cal, a moving defense after giving them a pre-snap look will have success defending them, especially when UC Davis runs out of their scripted plays. This favors the Bison defense. Also, the Bison crowd is going to cause issues with UC Davis' clapping.

In regards to UC Davis' defense, if they can't get off the field, they're going to be hurting not much after halftime, especially if their offense's up-tempo isn't successful at scoring and keeping themselves on the field more than a few minutes of game clock. I wouldn't be shocked if NDSU starts the game with long-drawn out drives with a lot of East to West plays to tire out the UC Davis defense (they do have athletes on their defense with speed). NDSU's offense should have a goal of possessing the ball with around 40 minutes.

Right now, if NDSU plays to their potential, I have them winning by 25. The Bison need to make this a statement game and one that puts fear and doubt into the Aggies because I have a feeling NDSU and UC Davis will be playing twice this season. If NDSU doesn't play to their potential, this could be a similar game to the 2016 EWU game. However, with the talent NDSU has at defending the pass, I don't see this happening.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Finally.

IT'S FLIGHT STALKING TIME!!!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...000Z/KSMF/KFAR
    I’ve missed this!
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

At the luncheon today the coach said we need to up our game of being loud this week
    He said they are up tempo and the noise will make a difference.
    So review the thread on the science of loudness and adjust accordingly.
    It’s too late for me to learn to whistle louder.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Sell half to Season tickets if it merits it, the other GA, get more people exposed to the games if they can.
    I'm going to disagree with that slightly. Sell them all to TM members based on priority points. I really don't want season tickets but wouldn't mind going more games.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I'm going to disagree with that slightly. Sell them all to TM members based on priority points. I really don't want season tickets but wouldn't mind going more games.
    Yeah well, not that I dont agree, but there is a elite club like vibe around this team right now heard it from people I know. An open GA section that the public knows they at least get a shot at would help take that away.

Obviously it's not going to happen but just a thought to get families and the youth pumped again.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    yeah the students suck. Not oall of them obviously, but collectively, the fact that they cant get fricken 3000 kids to show up to watch THEIR OWN ELITE SCHOOL to a game is embarrassing to me :/

They can kiss another section goodbye. Once they do that, I would be surprised if they keep the sections split on the sideline and the endzone. wouldnt it be 3 on the sideline, one in the endzone at that point?

If that were the case, I imagine they would just move all the student sections to the endzone for asthetic reasons (as well as the fact that sideline sections generate more revenue than endzone seats)
    Well, even Alabama is having this issue, so it's not exactly unique to NDSU...they are actually now tracking students who attend the whole game and given them priority points for how long they stay.