Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Delaware Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: Delaware Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I don’t have much more to add, other than I haven’t seen much A-gap power, but teams are stacking on us just to eliminate it and save themselves’ from the beat-down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CAS this has been a concern of mine too. I cannot tell if pur limited success in gap is because of poor execution o ln our part or because the competition is waiting for it. On the other hand, our other running schemes are humming along.

Entz calling that fake FG has really ruffled some blue feathers. Love it. Take no prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Lances decision making and scanning the field is above his age level. Some of his running is NOT by design. Its his strength. However, hope he gets smarter about taking hits. He is a true dual threat. I hope he buys Radunz some lunch for his backside protection.

How Kobe Johnson didnt go P5 or to an AAC school is beyond me. No way hes redshirting.

Defense has some stuff to work on. Some missed assignments 2nd half. The DL is going to be filthy in 1-2 years. Looked good today. The UCD offense will test us.

Roehl has been great.
    Watch the replays. Hes only reading half the field. 12-3 or 9-12. I would like to think this is by design-coaching-learning process. There were a lot a lot of open receivers out there at times.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Entz calling that fake FG has really ruffled some blue feathers. Love it. Take no prisoners.
    Meanwhile, they went for 2 on EP to give themselves’ a chance ... Fuck them.

Defend EVERY play—that’s what Entz’s has said ... I’m ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Do we know for sure a coach decided this?

If you are going to keep trying to score then so will we.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our top three rushers averaged 9+ yds per carry, and we're bitching why? We're taking what they're giving us. Remember when our backs would run full steam into the ass of our o linemen? We bitched about that too. So many weapons for Trey. When they shift to stop us outside we'll get 7yds per inside. So....many....weapons.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    CAS this has been a concern of mine too. I cannot tell if pur limited success in gap is because of poor execution o ln our part or because the competition is waiting for it. On the other hand, our other running schemes are humming along.
    The defenses are definitely stacking the line and trying to stop it. If they do that, you need to do something else which is what our team did. At the end of the game we were having some success with it.

This is nitpicking, but I would like to see us try to block a punt a few times a year to give opposing punters something to think about.

We rarely put any pressure on a punter.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trevor Heit had a good game, 18.5 yds per punt return (2), 35 yds on his one kick return. Small sample, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    The defenses are definitely stacking the line and trying to stop it. If they do that, you need to do something else which is what our team did. At the end of the game we were having some success with it.

This is nitpicking, but I would like to see us try to block a punt a few times a year to give opposing punters something to think about.

We rarely put any pressure on a punter.
    Their punt block today was executed very well. 2 guys come hard from the left side of the D and the middle guy flashes across the middle guy of the offense wall pulling him out as the the outside guy hits the hole he just left and right to the punter. Well schemed and well executed.