Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: We Wanted Bama

Default Re: We Wanted Bama

i got s car taking out BAMA straight up today lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If NDSU goes FBS and for fun let's say it is the Mountain West Conference. Obviously, the conference schedule would be set with good teams but what about the nonconference games? If we can't get FBS teams to play when the Bison are FCS, who will play the Bison in FBS?

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    If NDSU goes FBS and for fun let's say it is the Mountain West Conference. Obviously, the conference schedule would be set with good teams but what about the nonconference games? If we can't get FBS teams to play when the Bison are FCS, who will play the Bison in FBS?
    As long as FCS there isn't external value attached to the game. If NDSU was FBS, and as strong as they are now, primetime TV would pick games like that up and there would be significantly more prestige involved in the game. As long as NDSU is FCS there isn't an incentive for teams to play them because it isn't going to help them in the eyes of polls.

One home Fcs, one home MAC/sunbelt, one away MAC/sunbelt (home/home agreements).

Sprinkle in the occasional away P5 and the rare home P5 (yes...they happen).
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I still think it would be tough to get teams to come to Fargo and I personally doubt that other teams would welcome games against the Bison with open arms just because they are no longer FCS. If teams are afraid to lost to the Bison now I just don't think that changes with the FBS label.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

I still think it would be tough to get teams to come to Fargo and I personally doubt that other teams would welcome games against the Bison with open arms just because they are no longer FCS. If teams are afraid to lost to the Bison now I just don't think that changes with the FBS label.
    But it would due to the fact that we switch from being the single FCS game that counts toward bowl eligibility to just another FBS game. The total risk for them changes.

I'm not saying scheduling would be easy, because it wouldn't. But that's why the AD gets the big bucks.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Teams have a hell of a lot more to lose by playing an FCS team then they have to gain. They aren't as afraid of NDSU as they are of playing a very very solid (in this case elite) FCS team and losing. There is nothing for them to gain by beating NDSU. But there is something for them to lose.

At the very best, NDSU would have a similar schedule as Boise State. Once in awhile, the Bison would get a decent to very good P5 team to play in Fargo, but most likely those games are either away or at a neutral site. Otherwise, the Bison are playing teams that are somewhat similar to what we see them play in the MVFC.
    Hail the BISON!!!