Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We Wanted Bama

Default Re: We Wanted Bama

I just don't know why ANY FBS team would be willing to play a neutral site game against NDSU. Any of the big boys have zero need/reason to do so. So that means G5 and the like. They have to know they would get beat. Why would you be willing to put the spotlight(neutral site with an FCS, especially NDSU) on a loss to a "lesser" team? Even if it's a MAC school that needs money and we can give them a guarantee, is it really worth it? They can go get killed by a P5 and still get paid and no one blinks an eye at the result.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I just don't know why ANY FBS team would be willing to play a neutral site game against NDSU. Any of the big boys have zero need/reason to do so. So that means G5 and the like. They have to know they would get beat. Why would you be willing to put the spotlight(neutral site with an FCS, especially NDSU) on a loss to a "lesser" team? Even if it's a MAC school that needs money and we can give them a guarantee, is it really worth it? They can go get killed by a P5 and still get paid and no one blinks an eye at the result.
    Agreed, I think even the least prestigious G5 teams would have egos too big to agree to even a neutral site game with a "lowly FCS school".

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I believe the score between NDSU and Alabama would be closer than the score between NDSU and UND. Realistically, I feel the Bison could keep it within 20 on a good day.
    Funny you say that because there were some UND fans who threw shit fits on AGS when Kolpack said something along the lines of 2018 NDSU was closer to Alabama than they were to UND.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Agreed, I think even the least prestigious G5 teams would have egos too big to agree to even a neutral site game with a "lowly FCS school".
    Big egos and scared shitless. Hell most P5's are too. Better get some more P5's scheduled before we beat down Oregon, Arizona and Colorado.

Why would a P5 or G5 team agree to a game where they know 35,000 Bison fans are going to show up and youve got a pretty good chance of getting your ass beat. There is nothing in that scenario they want any part of.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Big egos and scared shitless. Hell most P5's are too. Better get some more P5's scheduled before we beat down Oregon, Arizona and Colorado.
    MAC, Mountain West, Big 10 and Big 12 are done with us. Won’t be long until the PAC 12 is too. The problem with the rest of the FBS teams is that they’ve got dozens of FCS teams closer than us.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    MAC, Mountain West, Big 10 and Big 12 are done with us. Won’t be long until the PAC 12 is too. The problem with the rest of the FBS teams is that they’ve got dozens of FCS teams closer than us.
    Gotta get USC on the schedule now that they popped their FCS cherry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Gotta get USC on the schedule now that they popped their FCS cherry.
    I heard USC turned us down. Next?

533 In a row

Lots of good logic here......

So, to me, the only reason to ever do Target field again would be a for a premier FCS match up. Let's face it; the only FCS team that would "turn the dial" to make it interesting would be JMU. But, I'd rather do a home and home with them if they were willing.

Also heard that the Florida State AD seemed receptive to a game until he talked to his head coach.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Let's assume that this quote were to come to fruition. AFter the next 3 FBS games the Pac12 wants nothing to do with us... Then what?

G5? Nope
    Big 10? Nope
    Big 12? Nope
    MWC? Nope
    MAC? Nope

The only conference left is the SEC which has no need to fly in NDSU when they have 100 teams closer with less chance of a loss.

If the money games are gone, what becomes of NDSU's funding? That money is pretty important i'd think, so how could we replace it?