Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We Wanted Bama

Default Re: We Wanted Bama

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Agreed, I think even the least prestigious G5 teams would have egos too big to agree to even a neutral site game with a "lowly FCS school".

Funny you say that because there were some UND fans who threw shit fits on AGS when Kolpack said something along the lines of 2018 NDSU was closer to Alabama than they were to UND.
    I found it funny when Underoos threw a bit of a fit when I wrote it not too long ago (within the past year or two I believe - time flies by too quick as you get older).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    Let's assume that this quote were to come to fruition. AFter the next 3 FBS games the Pac12 wants nothing to do with us... Then what?

G5? Nope
    Big 10? Nope
    Big 12? Nope
    MWC? Nope
    MAC? Nope

The only conference left is the SEC which has no need to fly in NDSU when they have 100 teams closer with less chance of a loss.

If the money games are gone, what becomes of NDSU's funding? That money is pretty important i'd think, so how could we replace it?
    It's not that much money when you look at the big picture. They're getting 400-600k and travel expenses come out of that which is probably 100k of that at least. Last year the NDSU AD had a 27M+ in revenue so you're talking about 2% of the total revenue the athletic department brought in coming from an FBS game. The biggest downside is we, as fans, don't get to spar with overconfident FBS fan bases and when watch our team beat them on the field and the players don't get that "chip on the shoulder" game against the bigger schools/programs as often as I'm sure they'd like.

But as far as what replaces the FBS game... I haven't heard the figure but judging from what was reported they just got at least a 500k check from the Minnesota Twins.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Lots of good logic here......

So, to me, the only reason to ever do Target field again would be a for a premier FCS match up. Let's face it; the only FCS team that would "turn the dial" to make it interesting would be JMU. But, I'd rather do a home and home with them if they were willing.
    JMU wouldn't bring in many fans to mpls. Unfortunately I think we'd be stuck with the other Dakota schools or UNI for another game down there.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    JMU wouldn't bring in many fans to mpls. Unfortunately I think we'd be stuck with the other Dakota schools or UNI for another game down there.

Depends on your definition of many. I bet they'd bring 3-4k maybe more if tickets were readily available. It's a cheap and easy flight. I've had a pipe dream for the last few years that two schools like NDSU and JMU would agree to a home-and-home like agreement on neutral(ish) fields. One game in Minneapolis and the other in DC. I think both would draw well.

The Target field game was exactly what it needed to be. A way to spice up a game against a weak opponent. It would only be appropriate if it served the same purpose down the road. Good games need to be in Fargo, not played in a baseball stadium.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    Let's assume that this quote were to come to fruition. AFter the next 3 FBS games the Pac12 wants nothing to do with us... Then what?

G5? Nope
    Big 10? Nope
    Big 12? Nope
    MWC? Nope
    MAC? Nope

The only conference left is the SEC which has no need to fly in NDSU when they have 100 teams closer with less chance of a loss.

If the money games are gone, what becomes of NDSU's funding? That money is pretty important i'd think, so how could we replace it?
    Isn't this where some of the naysayers realize, it's not if NDSU will move up to FBS, it's when. I think something will have to change in the next 5 to 10 years.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Depends on your definition of many. I bet they'd bring 3-4k maybe more if tickets were readily available. It's a cheap and easy flight. I've had a pipe dream for the last few years that two schools like NDSU and JMU would agree to a home-and-home like agreement on neutral(ish) fields. One game in Minneapolis and the other in DC. I think both would draw well.
    I think it's going to need to be more than 3-4k, I think the number of NDSU fans for Target Field would drop off fairly significantly. Could be wrong though.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Isn't this where some of the naysayers realize, it's not if NDSU will move up to FBS, it's when. I think something will have to change in the next 5 to 10 years.
    I think the landscape of college football as a whole is going to change in the next 5-10 years.

That being said, if things teeter back towards having closer to a .500 record against FBS competition, the calls will start coming in again...
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Here is a complete list of remaining exciting FCS teams we will not have played after this year:

Harvard
    Last edited by MankatoBison; 09-10-2019 at 09:01 PM. Reason: forgot Harvard
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Matt Larson was on 1660 today an said we would play any FBS team willing but nobody wants to sign contracts
    then MOVE UP
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?