23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: We Wanted Bama

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    then MOVE UP
    SEC, SEC, SEC!!! Ra Ra Ra!!!! #gobigorgohome
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Yea those 2 plane tickets Fargo to Vegas for Mountain West meetings would cost us $359 on Allegiant. whew.
    Vegas? The Mountain West office is in Colorado Springs. I drive by it a lot. I'm still hoping to run into their group (preferable seated at the same table) at one of our Sport Corp luncheons. I really want to know how crow tastes and if they still think NDSU is a cute little university.
    Hail the BISON!!!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    do u think FBS independent would b in option 2 get the ball rolling quickly?
    FBS independents not Notre Dame are as irrelevant as it gets in college football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I believe the score between NDSU and Alabama would be closer than the score between NDSU and UND. Realistically, I feel the Bison could keep it within 20 on a good day.
    Definitely. I even think it would end up closer than most Bison fans think it would. Look at how much Clemson struggled with Syracuse last year. Bison would bring their A game and that tends to take other teams somewhat out of what they want to do. It probably wouldn’t be a blowout.

I remember someone brought this up on here a few years ago. Same with LSU, OU?

I believe a lot of SEC schools schedule SoCo teams as their FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    FBS independents not Notre Dame are as irrelevant as it gets in college football.

Once in a blue moon BYU is good. Army is actually a strong team right now...are they still independent?
    College of Business Alumnus

NDSU would instantly be ahead of Notre Dame on the Indy list.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Georgia Southern gave Bama a hell of a scare in 2011. Racked up 400 yards rushing and kept it within a score most of the game until the end. We could make it interesting and put up more of a fight than most FBS teams. We'd still lose by a few scores, but I don't think it would be a slaughter.

then MOVE UP
    Bingo. It is funny to see all the handwringing in this thread. The solution is obvious. Go FBS. Then you can play all the FBS teams you want, including plenty of P5s.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

because, geographically, none of those conferences make any goddamn sense. Not to mention Larson cant just roll into the MT West conference meeting like "hey, guys. can we play with you?"

We've gotta face it, we are an outlier unless the big 10 comes calling...and in case you were wondering...they aint calling.
    It's called aviation. Wonderful industry. You think the MW is bus league? I'm pretty sure they fly the team from Boise to Albuquerque. To say nothing of Honolulu. In fact, Fargo is preferable to some FBS towns as there is no need for a long bus ride from the airport. The Target Field game confirmed yet again that NDSU has a fanbase that can support an FBS team. If NDSU wants play FBS teams, NDSU should find a way to go FBS. Push for it. At least try to make it happen.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.