Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPN names 2013 Bison a top 150 college football team of all time

Default Re: ESPN names 2013 Bison a top 150 college football team of all time

I just tell people the 2013 team was so good Carson Wentz was our BACKUP Qb. Nothing else has to be said.

I would like to thank Tim Brewster as without him, none of this would be possible. Ha!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Default ESPN names 2013 Bison a top 150 college football team of all time

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    This sentiment is basically exactly what Dudzik said to me.
    Which I personally disagree with. Pursuant to that premise, and by extrapolation, all the current NFL playoff teams and Super Bowl Champs would destroy automatically those from 1970s-2000s. I don’t think that’s the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Which I personally disagree with. Pursuant to that premise, and by extrapolation, all the current NFL playoff teams and Super Bowl Champs would destroy automatically those from 1970s-2000s. I don’t think that’s the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I ever build a time machine, this will be one of the first things I test. Bringing the '85 Bears to the future to compete against modern teams. It would be awesome to see what would happen.

Default ESPN College Football 150 Greatest Teams

2013 Bison included on the list at #147

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...0-year-history

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I just tell people the 2013 team was so good Carson Wentz was our BACKUP Qb. Nothing else has to be said.
    Who the hell knows. We might one day be saying that the 2018 was so good Trey Lance was the backup.

Only one reason I would take the 2018 team. Chris Klieman was a better head coach than Craig Bohl, and I’m confident he would have found a way for his team to have the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's not complicated. I think Wentz was a better QB in 2013 than Jensen was. Maybe I'm wrong... maybe I'm not. That team did have to come from behind in the 4th quarter twice that year. To Jensen's credit he did it. Would've Wentz did that? Maybe. Would've Wentz had to do that? Maybe not.

It's an interesting hypothetical to me because that team is considered one of the best FCS teams of all-time and Wentz is one of the most talented FCS QBs of all-time who just happened to be on that team but never played a meaningful snap on it.
    Yet you think he was a better qb even though he didnt take a meaningful snap? Hmmm What does having to come from behind have to do with anything?

I think he was damn good QB. But he was laid up and slowed down by numerous injuries. If you really look at his career he really didnt play that much. To put him as one of the most talented OBs of all time is a stretch IMO. What hes doing now isnt debatable but it doesnt transfer back to what he did in college.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yet you think he was a better qb even though he didnt take a meaningful snap? Hmmm What does having to come from behind have to do with anything?

I think he was damn good QB. But he was laid up and slowed down by numerous injuries. If you really look at his career he really didnt play that much. To put him as one of the most talented OBs of all time is a stretch IMO. What hes doing now isnt debatable but it doesnt transfer back to what he did in college.
    I'm saying that if Wentz was the starting QB they may have already been ahead of K-State and UNI therefore he wouldn't have had to come from behind in the 4th quarter. It's all hypothetical so feel free to disagree as you will.

IMO his run through the playoffs in '14 and first half of '15 is the best QB play I've seen at NDSU since the title run began. Put Jensen on the '14 team and they lose in the playoffs. Put Jensen on the '15 team with how much they struggled to run the ball early in the season and they're probably 3-3 at best through those first 6 games. From a physical tools standpoint Wentz was just flat better than Jensen in every tangible aspect of his game and that's true in college just as much as the NFL. Again that's just my opinion. I don't pretend to be an all-knowing football guru so call me full of shit if you want but I doubt it'll change my mind.

EDIT: And to be clear I am in no way saying that they should've played Wentz over Jensen in '13. It would've been dumb to do that to a guy who had won 2 nattys as a starting QB and was a senior. I just find it as a testament to the program that they even had a situation like that to begin with. Talk about first world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm saying that if Wentz was the starting QB they may have already been ahead of K-State and UNI therefore he wouldn't have had to come from behind in the 4th quarter. It's all hypothetical so feel free to disagree as you will.

IMO his run through the playoffs in '14 and first half of '15 is the best QB play I've seen at NDSU since the title run began. Put Jensen on the '14 team and they lose in the playoffs. Put Jensen on the '15 team with how much they struggled to run the ball early in the season and they're probably 3-3 at best through those first 6 games. Again that's just my opinion. I don't pretend to be an all-knowing football guru so call me full of shit if you want.

EDIT: And to be clear I am in no way saying that they should've played Wentz over Jensen in '13. It would've been dumb to do that to a guy who had won 2 nattys and was a senior. I just find it as a testament to the program that they even had a situation like that to begin with. Talk about first world problems.
    No reason to get testy. you made some statements that didnt makes sense to me and I was just trying to figure out how you got to where you were at.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    No reason to get testy. you made some statements that didnt makes sense to me and I was just trying to figure out how you got to where you were at.
    It's all good man. Like I said you can disagree and it's impossible for me to call you wrong since the results on the field prove what a quality team that was and what a quality QB Jensen was. My position is completely hypothetical so it's a tough to justify to any reasonable degree of certainty. It's just message board fodder.

Anyway, I'll quit derailing this thread.