Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UND Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I have to disagree with the Roehl criticism. I felt like he called a good game.

That fake draw/td pass was great. I think everyone, myself included, was convinced that was going to be another QB draw.

Also love seeing the TE's getting involved more.
    I can’t wait to see what is going to happen with that three TE set as the year progresses...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

MY thoughts, that no one cares about

I wish we would throw a deep ball more than the first drive.

If GF was in the Missouri Valley this year, the only team they may beat is Misery State. Event that game would be a barn burner.

I was not impressed by our team today. If we play like we did today, we will have at least 3 losses this season.

Bubba cannot have too long of a leash on him anymore. Their football program reminds me of our women's basketball team with Maren Walseth in charge.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I can’t wait to see what is going to happen with that three TE set as the year progresses...

Right!! Ole Bubba sure shit his pants when he saw that formation.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

1. Trey Lance is special. IMO, he's further ahead of Easton if you compare them when they both became starters. He works through progressions and throws a very nice, accurate ball. Only thing I think he can improve on is getting the ball out quicker at times.
    2. I thought Adam Cofield looked really solid today. We may not have a bell cow, but we do have several solid guys who have different strengths.
    3. The end of the first half was super frustrating and mismanaged. At a minimum, they should have run the ball on third down. If you get it, you have almost 40 seconds left to get in field goal range. If you don't convert...it's just the end of the half.
    4. I thought the safeties looked good all game. The corners didn't look great in coverage, but they had some nice open field tackles.
    5. I greatly dislike UND, but I didn't think they looked that bad. They are pretty much devoid of talent at QB, RB, and WR, but the rest were serviceable to solid.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Go to Clemson, win FBS national title, win Heisman? Trey won’t leave NDSU, but he’s talented enough to do just that. Just a hypothetical.
    Clemson has a highly recruited guy on the bench and has the #1 quarterback prospect for next year already committed.

I don't think you need to worry about him going there.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We must have ran more single gap runs. When teams crash the middle, need to bounce it outside. Didnt see that today. I would image we will break out more zone blocking later in the season

We got a young QB so I doubt the playbook is as thick as Eastons.

But at the end of the day, we wore then out like a Vigen or Polasek offense.
    My favorite offense was a Messingham led offense.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Running is part of Trey’s game and why he is special. Coaching staff knew that when recruiting. It is possible to have running qbs in college: Cam Newton, Lamar Jackson, and of course EASTON STICK. Some guys are just more durable than others. Enjoy Trey and his style while we have him. Wouldn’t surprise me if FBS teams try to pluck him after his sophomore year...especially after the attention-getting beatdown we will put on the Ducks.
    I would be willing to bet you that even if Swinney or Sabin called he would not go. He is/will be a Bison. I firmly believe he is a team first Trey second kind of Trey.

It is also now clearly evident that you do not need to leave Fargo to be discovered for the next level.

There are lots of ways to make a few million dollars but how many peeps have three, four, FIVE championship rings? Worth more than $$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) Trey Lance continues to impress. Can't say enough good about the kid so far. I love the running style and the accuracy. I don't think we've seen him throw a bad ball yet?
    2) The amount we're running the kid concerns me. The running back situation concerns me more. I don't think we have a true #1 back when we've been spoiled with having two at a time the last decade. Kobe looks like the real deal though. As has Saybein at times. I'd have liked to see more of both in this game.
    3) Defense looks solid. That medium range slant seemed open at will though. I'm sure teams will take note of that. Loved the interceptions as well. Kid has an eye for the ball.
    4) This is not a rivalry anymore. No matter how hard Timmerman and friends try to meme into being it's simply not.
    5) Trey Lance is really good.
    6) Did JJ get hurt? UND really fell apart after his TD.
    7) Sorry gamblers. Second week in a row we just miss the spread.
    8) Speaking of which what the hell was with that first half decision to run out of the clock? Get your freshman QB some 2 minute drill reps. We will need that experience in Valley play.
    9) Trey Lance is really, really good.
    10) We should redesign the nickle trophy as a penny with a bison on one side and fhawk on the other. It'll be like the nickle just not worth as much. Kind of like the "rivalry" in 2020 and beyond.
    We are very good, but #4 is what I took away from this game. Not only is this not the rivalry it once was, I don't think it ever will be either.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Hey guys.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    So disrespectful to their football team who has clearly not even left the field. #classless

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

Ogre Package!