Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: UND Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UND Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    This game reminded me of the time Bohl said we like to run to the outside and make their fat guys run sideline to sideline so we can run up the middle later in the game.
    NDSU just had so much success running around the edges it think it overshadowed the success they had up the middle. For example, first two TD runs.... right up the gut.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    NDSU just had so much success running around the edges it think it overshadowed the success they had up the middle. For example, first two TD runs.... right up the gut.
    The opposing defense was working hard to fill or double fill gaps between the tackles. They sacrificed outside contain and pursuit. We took advantage on the outside.

I thought our o-line was pushing the d-line around quite well but the linebackers were crashing down in a darn hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    The opposing defense was working hard to fill or double fill gaps between the tackles. They sacrificed outside contain and pursuit. We took advantage on the outside.

I thought our o-line was pushing the d-line around quite well but the linebackers were crashing down in a darn hurry.
    Heck they were packing it in up close. How demoralizing does it have to be to have the line, line backers and safety close up to the line of scrimmage and still get your ass handed to you in the run game. It was enjoyable to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    My biggest concern right now is lack of pass rush. It's not terrible but it's not championship level at all yet.

If you're a student of history, remember that we have had a lousy pass rush to start off championship seasons before. Goeser knows what it takes, lets see if the other coaches and players step it up.
    itll come with reps...theyre replacing an entire defense almost.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Watch what happened when #99 checked into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Yeah that's a good point

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Heck they were packing it in up close. How demoralizing does it have to be to have the line, line backers and safety close up to the line of scrimmage and still get your ass handed to you in the run game. It was enjoyable to watch.
    That's what I saw. Oline was getting plenty of push. Linebackers would make the tackle, but most times the line was pushed back 3+ yards, so it was still a decent gain. If NDSU had zero speed to get around the edge, or a QB incapable of completing a play action pass it might have been a winning defensive gameplan, but unfortunately for UND, NDSU has both.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm no football analyst or guru. It sounds like UND sold out on stopping the interior run and had moderate success. But if they give you the edge for running and or passing, I'd take that all day.

Yards are yards, and point are points. Doesn't matter how you get them.

In the words of John Madden- “Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    I'm no football analyst or guru. It sounds like UND sold out on stopping the interior run and had moderate success. But if they give you the edge for running and or passing, I'd take that all day.

Yards are yards, and point are points. Doesn't matter how you get them.

In the words of John Madden- “Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game.”
    That's what it looked like to me too. Sell out to take away the easy yards and hope NDSU makes mistakes on the more other stuff.
    College of Business Alumnus