Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UND Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    This assumes JMU wouldn't have enjoyed a benefit as well.

Would be really annoyed to have every team apply these standards to "discount" their losses.
    JMU out played us and out coached us in that game. Plain and simple.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    JMU out played us and out coached us in that game. Plain and simple.
    JMU was a complete team that year, top to bottom. Definitely earned that win in Fargo and the Championship that year.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    JMU was a complete team that year, top to bottom. Definitely earned that win in Fargo and the Championship that year.
    I think it would have been a good game regardless and the Bison could have lost either way, but we had some pretty key injuries that did not help us out at all. Again, not taking anything away from JMU that year, totally agree, they earned it.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Interesting to see Brooks and Johnson running between the tackles so much given their size. Maybe they are just giving MVFC coaches something to think about.

We really don't have a big back on the roster. Is Clark the biggest guy? What's he weigh? 210? Seems like Anderson and Dunn were both between 210 and 220, weren't they?

Lance is a really special athlete. Throws a great deep ball too. Hope he can stay healthy... will be some bigger hitters in conference play.

Thought the OL had some issues at times with calls at the line. Seems like a couple of times the UND D disguised a couple of things and managed to get some penetration and disrupt. Wasn't as much of an issue at the end of the game (per typical Bison MO).

Is this the most talented tight-end group we've ever had? Plug and play.

Love beating the Sioux, Delaware will be a different animal.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

That 3-4 is designed to give the O line fits and make their heads spin. For early in the year I thought we did quite well against it. Room to improve but we passed the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    That 3-4 is designed to give the O line fits and make their heads spin. For early in the year I thought we did quite well against it. Room to improve but we passed the test.
    I saw plenty of yards gained between the tackles. I'm not sure where all this talk about NDSU getting stuffed up the middle is coming from.

Matt Entz is soft. He is allergic to scoring points and playing tough.( all purple )

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I think it would have been a good game regardless and the Bison could have lost either way, but we had some pretty key injuries that did not help us out at all. Again, not taking anything away from JMU that year, totally agree, they earned it.
    This. Key injuries is an understatement. Nick Deluca and Nate Tanquay……..two defensive stalwarts that, according to Izzo's preseason assessment, the Bison could ill afford to lose didn't play in the semis against JMU.

My biggest concern right now is lack of pass rush. It's not terrible but it's not championship level at all yet.

If you're a student of history, remember that we have had a lousy pass rush to start off championship seasons before. Goeser knows what it takes, lets see if the other coaches and players step it up.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In that JMU game we got down 17-0 because we couldn't handle that beast of
    a running back. We tie it up at 17-17 early in the fourth quarter and Grimsley
    gets a pick on about their 45. We have all the momentum and then the genius
    OC Polasek goes to work. We get shit for yardage with his end sweeps, try a field
    goal and give them all the field position they need and the final 10 points. All on the OC.