Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UND Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I seriously feel really bad for JJ......think about it a minute......local kid, probably planned on playing at NDSU unless a P5 offer comes....and it does from Jerry Kill. Jerry gets sick, and a bunch of idiots take over in MSP. Then, he comes to senses to go back to NDSU, and no scholies are open. So, he goes play for Bubba. And if he plays for us, he'd be a star....
    I don’t feel sorry for JJ. At all. He chose Minn over us even after we proved we own the goofs. His decision likely cost him a chance at the next level, not to mention team championships (which obviously was not a goal of his to begin with).
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I seriously feel really bad for JJ......think about it a minute......local kid, probably planned on playing at NDSU unless a P5 offer comes....and it does from Jerry Kill. Jerry gets sick, and a bunch of idiots take over in MSP. Then, he comes to senses to go back to NDSU, and no scholies are open. So, he goes play for Bubba. And if he plays for us, he'd be a star....
    He could have walked on and proved himself.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    He could have walked on and proved himself.
    At linebacker......

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    At linebacker......
    I say fullback.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I say fullback.
    Tomato, tamahto.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I don’t feel sorry for JJ. At all. He chose Minn over us even after we proved we own the goofs. His decision likely cost him a chance at the next level, not to mention team championships (which obviously was not a goal of his to begin with).
    I would tend to agree here. Being a South alum, I always root for those kids and I was glad we got Ty. It's hard when you're 18 to ignore the bright lights of a P5 offer. Growing up in Fargo, everybody wanted to move to the cities and go to the U. That said, once he made his decision I never cared about him again.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Someone over on SS suggested that that the Presidents of the Mo Valley schools should vote NDSU out of the conference just like they did with St. Thomas and the MIAC.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    once he made his decision I never cared about him again.
    No kidding. Took that little shit on his first deer hunt. He bagged his first buck on my farm. Once he went goophering I never cared about him again. In his defense he probably just wanted to check out the gopher recruiting process then transfer to a school with a bunch of chicks. Old double J. Got daddy's money to fall back on if all else fails.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Kode Johnson will play the whole year, book it. Entz is on record multiple times saying he differs from Coach K in that he believes if younger classman can contribute they should play. That and the new 4 game rule allows for a player to "red shirt" any year if they are injured and don't get in more the 4 games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    So he disagrees with a core philosophy that has been a critical staple of our success for years? Hope not. Pretty simple really...would you rather have a 18-19 year old with talent but little strength and conditioning, or that same player as a 22-23 year old with 4 years in our system and under Kramer.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    So he disagrees with a core philosophy that has been a critical staple of our success for years? Hope not. Pretty simple really...would you rather have a 18-19 year old with talent but little strength and conditioning, or that same player as a 22-23 year old with 4 years in our system and under Kramer.
    There can be exceptions to that premise.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."