Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UND Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    In that JMU game we got down 17-0 because we couldn't handle that beast of
    a running back. We tie it up at 17-17 early in the fourth quarter and Grimsley
    gets a pick on about their 45. We have all the momentum and then the genius
    OC Polasek goes to work. We get shit for yardage with his end sweeps, try a field
    goal and give them all the field position they need and the final 10 points. All on the OC.
    Football is a game of momentum shifts. We had it, they got it back. JMU won because they had better players and outcoached us on that particular day. Plain and simple.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    And I wonder if he was being completely truthful whether or not Klieman regretted retaining Jabril Cox's redshirt in 2016. The story I've heard is that they didn't think he was mentally ready yet even though they already knew how physically gifted he was. I would guess that a healthy Jabril Cox would've came in pretty handy in that 2016 semi against JMU over a hobbled PGT or Matt Plank.
    there is a linebacker with the ravens that might have been able to contribute
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Yep, I looked it up. Born Sept 15, 1962, so yes he turns 57 soon, but still old beyond his years. I also ran across a quote of bubba's where he said when he coached he wanted the QB and his mother to be the most uncomfortable people in the stadium. Certainly didn't happen yesterday.
    holy crap he's basically genx
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    This. Key injuries is an understatement. Nick Deluca and Nate Tanquay……..two defensive stalwarts that, according to Izzo's preseason assessment, the Bison could ill afford to lose didn't play in the semis against JMU.
    and with essentially the same players on both sides and a full healthy defense, the rematch went quite differently.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    holy crap he's basically genx
    Good lord, he's only 10 years older than me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    and with essentially the same players on both sides and a full healthy defense, the rematch went quite differently.
    A close game where the losing team feels like they missed some opportunities?

Not sure what your point is here. In the first game, Team 1 wins in a pretty close game. Team 2 wins the second one in a pretty close game. This happens regularly in sports.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Right, we saw what would have happened, on a neutral (kindof) field, no less...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

OC Polasek goes to work. We get shit for yardage with his end sweeps, try a field
    goal and give them all the field position they need and the final 10 points. All on the OC.
    I'll never forget the sequence when JMU kicked the FG to give them a 20-17 lead.

4th down from their own 35ish: Houston calls timeout after the ball is snapped (watched the replay - the sideline referee doesn't even most his arms signaling dead play until Schor almost is touching the shotgun snap) which negates a Menard sack (no one stopped since the whistle happened after the snap and it was super loud).

4th down (again): The same side judge who granted the timeout calls Ambrosius for being offside when he bobbed his head on the snap count but didn't come out of his stance or move his arms forward at all.

4th down (take 3): The 5 yard penalty doesn't give them a 1st down but prompts Houston to send the FG unit out there and their kicker makes a career long 48 or 49 yarder for a lead they never relinquished.

Ah... the one that got away. As they say in poker you always remember the bad beats in vivid detail moreso than any win.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Going for the FG there is what still pisses me off more than anything. At that point in the season you should have a pretty good feel for your team and there was nothing that should have given klieman confidence in a 50 yarder. Much better off riding momentum pointing the call and hopefully pinning them deep in their own end, which was much more likely. Oh well, can't win every game, especially against the other dynasty in FCS.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I saw plenty of yards gained between the tackles. I'm not sure where all this talk about NDSU getting stuffed up the middle is coming from.
    This game reminded me of the time Bohl said we like to run to the outside and make their fat guys run sideline to sideline so we can run up the middle later in the game.