Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 218

Thread: Fire the clock mgmt coach

  1. #21

    Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

    Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    There were some questionable decisions made during the semifinal loss to JMU.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Meh... there are decisions that are made that can be questioned every game. You could question some decisions JMU coaches made in that game also. The Bison just lost to a better team that day... that made more plays when it mattered than they did.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

    This is the dumbest fucking thread I'v read on here. Should go down as the #1 in the hall of shame. Entz made exactly the right call and would do it again 100 times out of 100. No need to fuck around when you have the lead.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Quahog, RI
    Posts
    18,072

    Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

    Bisonville never stops amazing me
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,410

    Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    This is the dumbest fucking thread I'v read on here. Should go down as the #1 in the hall of shame. Entz made exactly the right call and would do it again 100 times out of 100. No need to fuck around when you have the lead.
    that should have no bearing on the decision.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    This is the dumbest fucking thread I'v read on here. Should go down as the #1 in the hall of shame. Entz made exactly the right call and would do it again 100 times out of 100. No need to fuck around when you have the lead.
    But what I didn't understand is that he protested to get time back on the clock at 1:49 when UND had the ball and he called time out. Why would you take a time out when they have the ball? I thought it was a brilliant way to get points on the board but then he ran out the clock. Confused.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    NYC and Bucks County, PA
    Posts
    20,264
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

    I didn't really have a problem with it either way. A lot of times, it seems like what they do depends on how the first play goes (and it is always a running play.) If it gains a chunk of yards, they step on the gas. If they don't, they shut down the offense.

    UND was outclassed. Why give them the remote chance of a fluke interception that leads to a tie game going into the half.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12,005
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

    NDSU had three timeouts, UND had zero. I don't understand the reasoning for taking all three of those timeouts into halftime. Lead or not, that seems like the ideal situation to try to score before halftime.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hillsboro, ND
    Posts
    8,715

    Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    But what I didn't understand is that he protested to get time back on the clock at 1:49 when UND had the ball and he called time out. Why would you take a time out when they have the ball? I thought it was a brilliant way to get points on the board but then he ran out the clock. Confused.
    UND called that timeout...

    My thoughts on it is this is a bit different scenario than some of the end of half blunders that we've witness. But to me it's still a blunder. It showed to me we are willing to coast. Especially against a soon to be conference mate and one time rival. Who some day will beat us...

    That said this is the perfect opportunity to practice this situation for a time when you really need want that score before half. Playoff game you're down 14-7 or 21-10 and you have to kickoff after half you definitely want to get points. At minimum you get experience for hey we're down by 4 with 1:38 left in the game too?

    If you trust your defenses that much wouldn't you trust them to bail you out if you turn the ball over or have to punt it??

    I'd be a bit more understanding if we are backed up against the goal line but we were on like the 30...

    I don't think the sentiment is reserved to us on bisonville there were a ton of people around me going what are we doing? And not quietly either. Crowd should never decide your coaching decisions though.

    Just because we won the game handily doesn't change my feelings either. Tyler Roehl of all people should understand what a boost that gives the team, he ripped off that 70 some yard run from our own what 10 yard line to set up a fg to put us up 17-14. But that too was a conservative play call that was executed well that allowed roehl to break free.

    Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

    And if there was a turnover the same idiots would be posting about running out the clock when you have a lead.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bismarck
    Posts
    4,567

    Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

    Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I didn't really have a problem with it either way. A lot of times, it seems like what they do depends on how the first play goes (and it is always a running play.) If it gains a chunk of yards, they step on the gas. If they don't, they shut down the offense.

    UND was outclassed. Why give them the remote chance of a fluke interception that leads to a tie game going into the half.
    We were up 21-7 at that point. So no tie.

    Maybe our 2 minute drill has been unstoppable in practice and they didn't want to put it on film? I don't know. I would think that with a young offense you'd want to run it in a game situation with fairly low risk.

    Are game reps more important than practice reps? If so, they should have ran it.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •