Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    "You miss all of the shots you don't take."

-Katy Perry
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If I’m a UND fan, I hope NDSU gets greedy and we can get a turnover and steal a quick score. I know my team is outmatched, and it’s going to be pretty close to impossible to score two more touchdowns the rest of the game by driving down the field.

Again, I’m not arguing that you’re wrong in an evenly-matched game. If this was UNI or SDSU I think we need to give it a shot. This wasn’t UNI or SDSU. The team we were playing was pretty much beaten at that point.

Ok apparently this fanbase is getting soft as sh&t. .

we aren't throwing a pick 6 in that situation, you roll trey out on a couple bootlegs and hit a wide open TE or run with it. Throw a safe screen pass, lots of EASY plays to call to minimize risk.

bottom line, it was embarassing for a 114-8 7 time natty champ at home field to sit on that. period. end of thread.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

we aren't throwing a pick 6 in that situation, you roll trey out on a couple bootlegs and hit a wide open TE or run with it. Throw a safe screen pass, lots of EASY plays to call to minimize risk.

bottom line, it was embarassing for a 114-8 7 time natty champ at home field to sit on that. period. end of thread.
    And its totally IMPOSSIBLE for a pass to get tipped, the ball to be punched out, which create a turnover even on a safe run or pass...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

If all those plays are so easy, why don't we just run those every series and score on every possession?

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    So your analogy would imply a 40 percent chance of the NDSU offense making a turnover? Your analogy of double or nothing is also not a fair one. More like...

You have 10,000 dollars and possible investment. You have a 90% chance of making between 0-50% return, and a 10% chance of losing 25 percent. Would you take it?
    This is closer.

It is a math question. If you sit on the ball your expected points is 0. If you try to score your expected points range from -7 to 7. If you're mean outcome is greater than 0 I think you try to score.

When you have 3 timeouts and your opponent has none with less than 2 minutes left in the half you own the clock. It was a wasted opportunity that does not happen very often.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    When you have 3 timeouts and your opponent has none with less than 2 minutes left in the half you own the clock. It was a wasted opportunity that does not happen very often.
    Well, to be fair to Entz has watched Klieman mis-manage the clock at the end of halves for the last 5 years. I'll give him a pass in his 2nd game but hopefully he figures it out sooner/better than Klieman ever did (only complaint I have about Coach K).

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    And its totally IMPOSSIBLE for a pass to get tipped, the ball to be punched out, which create a turnover even on a safe run or pass...
    You could worry about that every play in a game so why not just kneel every down (although still have a chance of a mishandled snap). Oh crap, just forfeit. It's such a scary game someone could lose or get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Entz screwed up big time, but I doubt he is ever going to admit it. And if he thinks he didn't screw up I am more worried about what some of his "play not to lose" decisions will be in the future.