Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire the clock mgmt coach

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

The whole point of Bison football is to run down the clock and when it hits 0:00, to have more points than the other team.

I have to assume that if you're upset about taking a knee before the half, you're also upset about taking the foot off the gas in the fourth quarter?

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    The whole point of Bison football is to run down the clock and when it hits 0:00, to have more points than the other team.

I have to assume that if you're upset about taking a knee before the half, you're also upset about taking the foot off the gas in the fourth quarter?
    This is getting ridiculous. The whole point of every team in every sport is to be ahead when the clock hits 0:00. We were going to win that game regardless of the outcome of that drive. Bottom line is some of us felt it was an opportunity missed to have our freshman QB run a live 2:00 drill in a ‘preseason’ game. Others are fine with what actually transpired. So be it.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Our two minute offense has been bad since Bohl got here.

Sure it doesn't matter in most games, but some game it will and we'll be more likely to piss opportunity down our leg because that's what we've become accustomed to.
    Well we had to do it in 2016 and it ended the season. ha.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    1:33 min left
    3 Timeouts
    Trey Lance at QB

AND und gets the ball 2nd half??

Boos rained down and 1/3 of stadium left

EMBARASSING. what a bunch of pussies
    What is Ndsu famous for? Making 5 minutes of time disappear, with nothing at all happening. Where have you been the last ten years? That’s classic bison football clock bleed.

Nothing to see here folks. I ask you, With a comfortable lead and under 2 minutes, is it better that 1) nothing happens (or) 2) that something bad happens? Again, 2 first downs, 5 minutes of bleed, and a good punt is Bison football. Get on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    What is Ndsu famous for? Making 5 minutes of time disappear, with nothing at all happening. Where have you been the last ten years? That’s classic bison football clock bleed.

Nothing to see here folks. I ask you, With a comfortable lead and under 2 minutes, is it better that 1) nothing happens (or) 2) that something bad happens? Again, 2 first downs, 5 minutes of bleed, and a good punt is Bison football. Get on board.
    I know we were playing UN_ but 7 points is not a comfortable lead, it's simply a lead.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I know we were playing UN_ but 7 points is not a comfortable lead, it's simply a lead.
    Lead was 14, 21-7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Lead was 14, 21-7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Apologizes, you are correct.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post

But with the way Trey is throwing, it's more likely that option 3 occurs: Bison go up by 21 as the half expires. I like that option.

Worst case scenario is option 2: UND somehow gets the ball and scores + someone gets injured. Bison still lead by 7. But the probabilities of that seem acceptably low to me.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

3:06

Should we try and score here?????

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    3:06

Should we try and score here?????
    Haha. Waiting on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk