Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire the clock mgmt coach

Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    This is the dumbest fucking thread I'v read on here. Should go down as the #1 in the hall of shame. Entz made exactly the right call and would do it again 100 times out of 100. No need to fuck around when you have the lead.
    Why do you think it is "F'in around" (your words) to try to drive and score when you have plenty of time to do so? Why is this possession different at all from possessions in the 2nd half. Did we take too much risk by passing at all in the 2nd half...seems like the logic.

Being relatively conservative to consume time later in the game is fine, but otherwise I think you should trust your offense to move the ball and score any possession where you have enough time to do so.

The only thing that could go wrong was a turn over. Hawks had no TO left they were not getting the ball back. We try to put a drive together and if it falters we let time run out. I was disappointed in the call.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    And if there was a turnover the same idiots would be posting about running out the clock when you have a lead.
    Nope not I.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Strong guess that it wasn't Roehl's call to make. Likely Entz made the call to not go for a drive.
    I'm sure it was ME's call. But roehl knows better being involved in a conservative call run the clock out play and end up getting 3 out of it. That area of the field was a bit more iffy inside 10 us line, so that one wasn't quite as bad IMO to run out clock. But they've ran out clock in similar situations as yesterday and even farther downfield locations too...

That is the only time at end of half I've ever saw Bohl/Klieman score points with less than 2 minutes when we get the ball in our own territory. Maybe there are other instances but that's the only one I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I'm sure it was ME's call. But roehl knows better being involved in a conservative call run the clock out play and end up getting 3 out of it. That area of the field was a bit more iffy inside 10 us line, so that one wasn't quite as bad IMO to run out clock. But they've ran out clock in similar situations as yesterday and even farther downfield locations too...

That is the only time at end of half I've ever saw Bohl/Klieman score points with less than 2 minutes when we get the ball in our own territory. Maybe there are other instances but that's the only one I recall.

ME said it was his call in the post game presser at about the 5:20 mark. He said he wanted to go in and regroup with some adjustments. His countenance seemed to indicate that he was unwilling to offer more explanation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    ME said it was his call in the post game presser at about the 5:20 mark. He said he wanted to go in and regroup with some adjustments. His countenance seemed to indicate that he was unwilling to offer more explanation.

So? Still a good reason to get real game reps on that situation?? I don't know why adjustments would make you feel like let's not use this possession to score points. At no other point in the game would a coach use that as excuse (he'd be hung out to dry so why is it different going into halftime).... Actually hearing that makes me dislike the decision even more.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

I didn't like the call either but definitely get it. We were completely in control of the game and the only thing that would have changed that was a turnover and Hawks field goal before half. Add in a freshman QB and why risk it. _ND ended up going into halftime dejected and knew the games was basically over. After their first series in the second half it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I didn't like the call either but definitely get it. We were completely in control of the game and the only thing that would have changed that was a turnover and Hawks field goal before half. Add in a freshman QB and why risk it. _ND ended up going into halftime dejected and knew the games was basically over. After their first series in the second half it was over.
    You all are basing this on the negative outcome POSSIBILITY. If you focus on the positive outcome possibility good things are going to happen. Hey we could get 3 or God forbid 7 Points! Or be in the same boat and get 0 points.

The likely hood of a disastrous play happening is no less or more in that situation than the rest of the game. They didn't need to move the ball thru high risk low percentage plays with that much time and TO.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So mentally UND went into the locker room knowing NDSU didnt care enough or feel any need to attempt to score again before halftime. If you are looking for the silver lining that is one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    So? Still a good reason to get real game reps on that situation?? I don't know why adjustments would make you feel like let's not use this possession to score points. At no other point in the game would a coach use that as excuse (he'd be hung out to dry so why is it different going into halftime).... Actually hearing that makes me dislike the decision even more.

Yeah well why tell me? Matt Entz is getting paid to make those decisions and I’m not, nor will I ever be. Why don’t you text him with your displeasure and I’ll go with whatever he has to say.

Here is a helpful tip: to make your negative feedback somewhat more palatable for him you might offer some positive along with it. Something like “hey - congrats on that nice little win there.”

Don't believe everything you think.