Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire the clock mgmt coach

Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yeah well why tell me? Matt Entz is getting paid to make those decisions and I’m not, nor will I ever be. Why don’t you text him with your displeasure and I’ll go with whatever he has to say.

Here is a helpful tip: to make your negative feedback somewhat more palatable for him you might offer some positive along with it. Something like “hey - congrats on that nice little win there.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    So you're saying you can't ever use a game situation as a practice? Just because we are winning and won the game?

Yes he's getting paid to coach and not you or I. But if that's how we all should be then all should be on bisonville is Rah Rah good play bison no matter what happens. Pretty sure both you and I have not been that type of poster or anyone here.

I just think it's a lost opportunity to A score points when game wasn't in hand per se. B it helps everyone from coaches to players how to handle that situation in a real game scenario. The only downside would be IF (huge if) you turn it over but seems like UND was already given up so your side says so would they been able to do anything with said turnover.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    ME said it was his call in the post game presser at about the 5:20 mark. He said he wanted to go in and regroup with some adjustments. His countenance seemed to indicate that he was unwilling to offer more explanation.

yea he didnt wanna talk about it cuz it was a coaching ERROR. Step on their throats, a 2 minute drive for a FG/TD there wouldve been huge
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    So you're saying you can't ever use a game situation as a practice? Just because we are winning and won the game?

Yes he's getting paid to coach and not you or I. But if that's how we all should be then all should be on bisonville is Rah Rah good play bison no matter what happens. Pretty sure both you and I have not been that type of poster or anyone here.

I just think it's a lost opportunity to A score points when game wasn't in hand per se. B it helps everyone from coaches to players how to handle that situation in a real game scenario. The only downside would be IF (huge if) you turn it over but seems like UND was already given up so your side says so would they been able to do anything with said turnover.

Sounds like we should just mimic 1660.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

I did either criticize nor defend the call. Rather I just reported what I heard him say in the presser.

What would I have done if I had his job? No idea. I assume that at that time he was in possession of vastly more information than I have at my disposal even now.

Do I think the coaches and the program are above criticism? Certainly not. You go ahead and second guess. It is your right to do so. For me I just don’t have enough information nor enough football knowledge to do it.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ask Texas if they should of settled for a 13-7 halftime score instead of getting greedy and ended up down 20-7 and lost the game because of it. Enough said!!

You play to win.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    You play to win.
    Enough said

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    You play to win.
    Which in fact we did, right?

Don't believe everything you think.

I'll check and get back to you.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Patriots and Brady have the ball at own 45 up 17-0 with 1:45 left.

GEE. I WONDER WHAT THEYLL DO.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?