Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire the clock mgmt coach

Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    So we should have just ran the fullback up the middle against Butler after the first TD? I mean that game was over after the first 10 minutes. Should have sat the entire 2 deep and knelt on it the rest of the game. Can't be showing stuff if we don't have to, oh wait we did on the first extra point attempt!
    Nice of you to bring this up. How did this turn out for our kicker?

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    He got hurt on the kickoff.

He actually got hurt during the first kickoff. Played through the injury during the conversion and, I believe, the preceding kickoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    When you call people pussies and coaching scared...after absolutely bitch slapping another team, I think your motivation is somewhere else. My opinion. You wanted an 80 point victory and have absolutely NOTHING to complain about. So, you grab on something and bitch.

Why show a 2 minute drill there? Makes no sense to me. Like I said, I probably would have thrown a toss left...let Ty or Kobe try to beat some slow kid to the corner, maybe a deep ball to a Watson, and then taken a knee. I actually thought it was almost cocky personally....we are killing you. Lets go to half. LIke I said, it is a 60 minute game, and we play 15 a year. It is sports. Time to prioritize some things. It has been a few days, and if someone is that upset about it....maybe take a timeout. We are pretty lucky fans.
    Why do we schedule the Butler's of the world? Is it not for a live practice? They don't offer much in competition, so it seems that it's for live practice. Why not practice a 2 minute drill?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    He got hurt on the kickoff.
    Just because he got injured on the kickoff does not mean he did not “finish” it on this play.

Just because he got injured on the kickoff does not mean he did not “finish” it on this play.
    Jogging untouched into the endzone is pretty dangerous.

What's your point? We shouldn't run plays because somebody could get hurt?? JFC go watch tiddly winks.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Should I not drive to work tomorrow?
    Possible positive: I make a few $$
    Possible negative: I get in a serious car accident.

Obviously, the negative is going to affect my life a lot more.
    Clearly this is why you should telecommute. Will save wear and tear on your car too - which you may no longer need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Ok apparently this fanbase is getting soft as sh&t. .

we aren't throwing a pick 6 in that situation, you roll trey out on a couple bootlegs and hit a wide open TE or run with it. Throw a safe screen pass, lots of EASY plays to call to minimize risk.

bottom line, it was embarassing for a 114-8 7 time natty champ at home field to sit on that. period. end of thread.
    Nope, not end of thread. YOU are not the authority. Two of the extra non-human weapons at a coaches disposal are the sideline and the clock. In this case the guy getting paid to make the call, unlike you (go wear your red face in the corner), used one of those to deny any use of the clock to the opponent. NDSU might or might not score if more aggressive plays were called. On the other hand UND might have scored if an turnover was committed. In this case the opponent had zero chance to score and lost one plus minutes of opportunity to do so.

Would I have liked to see NDSU score again? Damn right. Do I think a conservative approach while holding the lead is appropriate? Damn right I do. It ain’t sexy but I sure love the W’s and I don’t give two f&%*cks how they get there as long as it’s legal and not decided by the zebras.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Ok apparently this fanbase is getting soft as sh&t. .

we aren't throwing a pick 6 in that situation, you roll trey out on a couple bootlegs and hit a wide open TE or run with it. Throw a safe screen pass, lots of EASY plays to call to minimize risk.

bottom line, it was embarassing for a 114-8 7 time natty champ at home field to sit on that. period. end of thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Nope, not end of thread. YOU are not the authority. Two of the extra non-human weapons at a coaches disposal are the sideline and the clock. In this case the guy getting paid to make the call, unlike you (go wear your red face in the corner), used one of those to deny any use of the clock to the opponent. NDSU might or might not score if more aggressive plays were called. On the other hand UND might have scored if an turnover was committed. In this case the opponent had zero chance to score and lost one plus minutes of opportunity to do so.

Would I have liked to see NDSU score again? Damn right. Do I think a conservative approach while holding the lead is appropriate? Damn right I do. It ain’t sexy but I sure love the W’s and I don’t give two f&%*cks how they get there as long as it’s legal and not decided by the zebras.
    I don't think "embarrassing" is the right word, but I also disagree with the call to sit on it. There's middle ground between these 2 points where I can just be a little disappointed that we didn't try to score there, but not be angry at anyone who disagrees, even passionately. I am confident Entz will grow into this role and learn when the best situations are to try and score. Against that offense at home in a game you are already dominating in every phase, He's not necessarily wrong to just sit and wait until the second half to score more points.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery