Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. UND

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. UND

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Yep and the first one was really bad.
    Can't believe the announcers didn't mention that... I mean the UND DB had a fist full of jersey and was pulling down... man, if they let that go, that YSU DB is going to be unstoppable.

See any issues with ESPN's notification?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Can't believe the announcers didn't mention that... I mean the UND DB had a fist full of jersey and was pulling down... man, if they let that go, that YSU DB is going to be unstoppable.
    I was thinking the same thing. That was just as bad as the Pelini meltdown incident.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Four years later and the gap is still getting wider.

couple of observations where UND did excel:

1. Taking the crowd out of the game
    2. Running the clock out at the end of the game

shore up everything in between and I honestly think UND makes the playoffs
    No, the worm is turning.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Can't believe the announcers didn't mention that... I mean the UND DB had a fist full of2= jersey and was pulling down... man, if they let that go, that YSU DB is going to be unstoppable.
    The horse collar rule for college football is different than HS. The college rule states that no player can grab a ball carrier by the inside back collar of the shoulder pads or jersey and pull the player down. However, this rule does not apply if the ball carrier is inside the tackle box (Rule 2-34). The tackle box disintegrates once the ball leaves the box.

IndyBison, where are you????

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    The horse collar rule for college football is different than HS. The college rule states that no player can grab a ball carrier by the inside back collar of the shoulder pads or jersey and pull the player down. However, this rule does not apply if the ball carrier is inside the tackle box (Rule 2-34). The tackle box disintegrates once the ball leaves the box.

IndyBison, where are you????
    Wasn't a horse collar, just defensive holding or PI.

Ok. I saw a horse collar tackle (grabbed the inside of his shoulder pad and pulled him down) at or near the LOS in the 4th qt by a UN_ defender that I'd definitely would have flagged as a HS football official and I was perplexed why no flag was tossed. After some research, I found out why.

Ok. I saw a horse collar tackle (grabbed the inside of his shoulder pad and pulled him down) at or near the LOS in the 4th qt by a UN_ defender that I'd definitely would have flagged as a HS football official and I was perplexed why no flag was tossed. After some research, I found out why.
    Pretty sure they were talking about a different play. I know the one you are referring to.

I recall the play you are talking about and I assumed they just missed it. Thanks for the research and explanation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I recall the play you are talking about and I assumed they just missed it. Thanks for the research and explanation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The ref explained why there was no flag thrown, QB was between the tackles.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.