Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: The Real UND Game Week!

Default Re: The Real UND Game Week!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    UND Week? *yawn* You know what week this is? Halloween Cap'n Crunch Week, that's what week it is! It just showed up on my grocery store's shelves today!

Do you hear that? It's the sound of me eating my Halloween Crunch fast enough that the milk doesn't have time to turn green!

To completely ruin the roof of my mouth, all I have to do is order pizza and eat it while the cheese is still molten. What a time to be alive.
    My two college roommates would load up on several boxes of Boo Berry cereal each fall. The stash would last into spring semester and keep their moral high.

Me? I was a lucky charms guy, when I wasn't eating navy seals for breakfast. We lived in a duplex with gals upstairs and one of them decided she would come downstairs and help herself to the magic marshmallows in my cereal. Just the marshmallows. Wrong move sister. I was upset but held tongue and didn't seek vengeance. I had to hide the lucky charms from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Have we all already forgotten the magical healing powers of the Duane's pizza?

There will be many of these consumed over the course of this season. I guarantee!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Have we all already forgotten the magical healing powers of the Duane's pizza?

Is that sausage and pepperoni? Excellent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Is that sausage and pepperoni? Excellent choice.
    How quickly we forget, I believe the pizza of choice is sausage and onion
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    UND Week? *yawn* You know what week this is? Halloween Cap'n Crunch Week, that's what week it is! It just showed up on my grocery store's shelves today!

Do you hear that? It's the sound of me eating my Halloween Crunch fast enough that the milk doesn't have time to turn green!

To completely ruin the roof of my mouth, all I have to do is order pizza and eat it while the cheese is still molten. What a time to be alive.
    Thanks for the info!...Count Chocula might be on the Halloween shelves as well. Might buy six boxes this year.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is Frankin Berry any good? I guess it was always to pink of a cereal to look good.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

regarding coffee. I was attending a lutheran funeral about 10 years ago near Maddock, ND. Per usual, they were serving ham/cheese sandwiches w home made desserts in the basement following the burial. One of the 80 year old ladies was making coffee in one of those BIG, standard issue, stainless pots. Anyway, she cracked a RAW EGG into the coffee grounds prior to letting it brew. It blew my mine and had stuck with me till today.

secondly, and a proper accompaniment to proper joe, if you miss the pie at the Tower City truck stop, you clearly have lost direction in your life. All the old-timer, local farmers (millionaires) know this and you should too.

Yup, the drive from Jamestown to Bismarck really lets a person 'untangle his/her mind'. At least in the dead of winter the drifts, snow and ice keep it interesting.

Is Waege playing?

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU German from Russia View Post
    regarding coffee. I was attending a lutheran funeral about 10 years ago near Maddock, ND. Per usual, they were serving ham/cheese sandwiches w home made desserts in the basement following the burial. One of the 80 year old ladies was making coffee in one of those BIG, standard issue, stainless pots. Anyway, she cracked a RAW EGG into the coffee grounds prior to letting it brew. It blew my mine and had stuck with me till today.

secondly, and a proper accompaniment to proper joe, if you miss the pie at the Tower City truck stop, you clearly have lost direction in your life. All the old-timer, local farmers (millionaires) know this and you should too.

Yup, the drive from Jamestown to Bismarck really lets a person 'untangle his/her mind'. At least in the dead of winter the drifts, snow and ice keep it interesting.

Did you ask why about the egg? Anyone know what you would do that?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Did you ask why about the egg? Anyone know what you would do that?
    I’m not a coffee guy or even Lutheran, but I remember old ladies putting an egg in the coffee pot for special occasions.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.