Hi All,

So while it is really cute how everyone is trying to ignore the UND/Fighting Sioux/Fighting Hawk/UNDies/Etc. game this week; lets talk some football, with a mix of satire and what to actually expect. I was really hoping to make it back up to Fargo to tailgate, but it’s a no go this year; definitely excited for it next season. Always fun to tailgate in Fargo, and people are usually good about giving me crap for my Hawk/Sioux gear, then tossing me a beer.

My in laws were at Target Field this past weekend, and it sounds like Lance Tre Harbor looked like the real deal. I expect the UND defense to be far more challenging than Butler, but if the kid is as much of an athlete as what I have read and heard, he will still make plays. How does a team like the Gophers not recruit the heck out of a kid like that. Blows my mind.

No clue what to expect on our end from the QB position. Ketteringham looked good before going down with an injury, but Zim looked more explosive. Not sure if that was due to the player, or the plays there were call at each point of the game. Regardless, I definitely expect a better showing than a few season ago. Our offense started a little slow this past weekend, but came together nicely; I suppose some growing pains are expected with a new offense, though it is certainly more entertaining to watch than the crap Rudy was putting out there. As to if the players will consistently execute ... we will see.

So who are the key playmakers this year?… QB is obvious and I assume Sproles will grow into a dangerous weapon. Is Brooks the top RB, or Clark?

Any true freshman playing?

I know this post will draw some crap, but enjoy the week. It should be fun.