Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real UND Game Week!

Default The Real UND Game Week!

Hi All,

So while it is really cute how everyone is trying to ignore the UND/Fighting Sioux/Fighting Hawk/UNDies/Etc. game this week; lets talk some football, with a mix of satire and what to actually expect. I was really hoping to make it back up to Fargo to tailgate, but it’s a no go this year; definitely excited for it next season. Always fun to tailgate in Fargo, and people are usually good about giving me crap for my Hawk/Sioux gear, then tossing me a beer.

My in laws were at Target Field this past weekend, and it sounds like Lance Tre Harbor looked like the real deal. I expect the UND defense to be far more challenging than Butler, but if the kid is as much of an athlete as what I have read and heard, he will still make plays. How does a team like the Gophers not recruit the heck out of a kid like that. Blows my mind.

No clue what to expect on our end from the QB position. Ketteringham looked good before going down with an injury, but Zim looked more explosive. Not sure if that was due to the player, or the plays there were call at each point of the game. Regardless, I definitely expect a better showing than a few season ago. Our offense started a little slow this past weekend, but came together nicely; I suppose some growing pains are expected with a new offense, though it is certainly more entertaining to watch than the crap Rudy was putting out there. As to if the players will consistently execute ... we will see.

So who are the key playmakers this year?… QB is obvious and I assume Sproles will grow into a dangerous weapon. Is Brooks the top RB, or Clark?

Any true freshman playing?

I know this post will draw some crap, but enjoy the week. It should be fun.

Default Re: The Real UND Game Week!

We know you are more excited than we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We know you are more excited than we are.
    Ha, probably. I'm mostly just thrilled that football is back.

I actually do look forward to this game quite a bit, because of all the family/friend connections with NDSU. And lets face it, if you want to see where your program is at, playing a top team is a better measuring stick than playing Drake.

I was actually expecting UND to start their better-passing QB in game 1 and their better running QB in game #2 like UNI has done in early season games because NDSU has more trouble (relatively speaking) with QBs who can run than drop-back passers (who are lucky if they finish game, honestly.)

All the RBs looked good but that's to be expected since they all looked good last year too - I mean, other than true freshman, Kobe Johnson who didn't play last year but looked awesome. He probably won't play against UND though. Dmitri Williams looked like there was a hitch in his giddy-up and Ty Brooks looked bigger so hopefully he hasn't lost his explosive speed.

The offensive line should be good, but I wasn't really focused on it. Didn't seem like they were pulling much and they were running to the outside a bit more than I thought they would. Unlike UND will probably do, Butler wasn't putting 8 guys in the box. I suggest that UND do that and blitz on every play to rattle our rookie QB.

Secondary looked very good. Special teams did not.

UND has 13 defensive linemen on their roster: 9 are redshirt freshmen or true freshmen, and only 3 weigh over 260 pounds. Their entire DL two-deep averages 251 pounds.

Inexperience + 60 pound difference on every single play

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How do we move this into the hall of shame thread?

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    How do we move this into the hall of shame thread?
    Find a subject me and CAS can chat about.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I heard the Kmart on University is closing, probably some kick ass deals for Christmas
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have yet to see a gas station that has really good coffee

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I have yet to see a gas station that has really good coffee
    I also noticed the Canadian coffee chain Tim hortons have all closed and been turned into Donut Holes
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant