Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FBS Scores/Updates

Default Re: 2019 FBS Scores/Updates

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    ND v. UGA is going about as well as I could've hoped.
    this post aged well

UCLA was just down 49-17. Now 49-46.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    UCLA was just down 49-17. Now 49-46.
    And UCLA wins 67-63.

Only needed 50 second half points to win. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    this post aged well
    We lost by six...in Athens, GA....with the a chance to win at the end of the game.

Yeah, the game went fine. You win some. You lose some. I'd like to see how many teams in the country are going into Athens and keeping it within six.

I was expecting us to lose by probably 14-21 tonight. Notre Dame is not as good as last year and still made a game out of it. Georgia made a couple great plays just like last time that were the difference. If Notre Dame is going to win natties, we need a freak at QB like these guys got at multiple spots. ND doesn't recruit enough freaks(half of them can't qualify anyway, gotta be able to read).

We got a 5-star junior QB committed. We got a 5-star RB and WR for next year. Brian Kelly has brought ND back to being in the convo. A Weis/Willingham team would've gotten pancaked tonight.
    College of Business Alumnus

Sounding like Iowa State has a bunch of classless animals for fans. And very disappointed at Barta's attempt to whitewash it. Thought he was better than that.

edit: Whoa, I fucked up reading the news articles. I read it as Iowa fans messing with the Iowa State band, but it was Iowa State fans messing with the Iowa band. But now I understand why the band members felt betrayed at Iowa's investigation: it was their own school trying to sweep things under the rug.
    Last edited by Hammersmith; 09-22-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    We lost by six...in Athens, GA....with the a chance to win at the end of the game.

Yeah, the game went fine. You win some. You lose some. I'd like to see how many teams in the country are going into Athens and keeping it within six.

I was expecting us to lose by probably 14-21 tonight. Notre Dame is not as good as last year and still made a game out of it. Georgia made a couple great plays just like last time that were the difference. If Notre Dame is going to win natties, we need a freak at QB like these guys got at multiple spots. ND doesn't recruit enough freaks(half of them can't qualify anyway, gotta be able to read).

We got a 5-star junior QB committed. We got a 5-star RB and WR for next year. Brian Kelly has brought ND back to being in the convo. A Weis/Willingham team would've gotten pancaked tonight.
    Please, spare us. Brian Kelly and Notre Dame aren’t any different than any other program with a history of academic fraud, sex assault coverups, and negligently getting student assistants killed.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Sounding like Iowa has a bunch of classless animals for fans. And very disappointed at Barta's attempt to whitewash it. Thought he was better than that.
    Links?

10char

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Links?

10char
    Do a news search for Iowa State Band. You'll get a variety of stories from the major news outlets. It happened after last week's Iowa/ISU game. Quick version is that members of the Iowa marching band were accosted by Iowa State fans as they left the stadium. Several band members were jostled/shoved around and verbally/sexually harassed. One member(believe it was a female) was separated from the group, surrounded, and sexually harassed and/or sexually assaulted(I'm assuming groped, not raped). And another female band member was shoved to the ground and received a cracked rib. (You may think that last one unlikely, but being band members, they usually have their hands full and can't protect themselves if they fall. Additionally, your first instinct is to protect your instrument since they cost thousands.)

After the incident, Iowa said they would investigate. And they did. For one day. After about 24 hours of a so-called investigation, Iowa sent out a half-hearted press release that said nothing. There are also reports that Iowa's admin sent messages to the Iowa band members telling them to be careful what they put on social media. The band members took this as a threatening gesture and that they were supposed to keep their mouths' shut.

After the joke of an investigation, the band members went public with everything and it started getting picked up by news outlets. Presidents and ADs from ISU and UNI called on Iowa to investigate and get their act together. Iowa finally agreed to reopen the investigation on Friday afternoon. We'll see if they spend more than 24 hours on it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I'm editing this.

Do a news search for Iowa State Band. You'll get a variety of stories from the major news outlets. It happened after last week's Iowa/ISU game. Quick version is that members of the Iowa State marching band were accosted by Iowa fans as they left the stadium. Several band members were jostled/shoved around and verbally/sexually harassed. One member(believe it was a female) was separated from the group, surrounded, and sexually harassed and/or sexually assaulted(I'm assuming groped, not raped). And another female band member was shoved to the ground and received a cracked rib. (You may think that last one unlikely, but being band members, they usually have their hands full and can't protect themselves if they fall. Additionally, your first instinct is to protect your instrument since they cost thousands.)

After the incident, Iowa said they would investigate. And they did. For one day. After about 24 hours of a so-called investigation, Iowa sent out a half-hearted press release that said nothing. There are also reports that Iowa's admin sent messages to the ISU band members telling them to be careful what they put on social media. The band members took this as a threatening gesture and to keep their mouths' shut.

After the joke of an investigation, the band members went public with everything and it started getting picked up by news outlets. Presidents and ADs from ISU and UNI called on Iowa to investigate and get their act together. Iowa finally agreed to reopen the investigation on Friday afternoon. We'll see if they spend more than 24 hours on it this time.
    But it was ISU fans who were accused of assaulting Iowa band members wasn't it?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...owa-state-game

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    But it was ISU fans who were accused of assaulting Iowa band members wasn't it?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...owa-state-game
    Look back at my earlier post. And it's why I quickly put that I was editing the post at the top. I didn't want to delete the whole thing because much of it was still true(just had to alter the school), but I needed to fix the other post first.