Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Butler Post Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Butler Post Game Thoughts/Discussion

1) Not sold on Trey Lance. 10-11? 100 yards rushing and 6 td's? Maybe that'd be acceptable against UNI or SDSU but this was Butler. There's absolutely no reason he couldn't have been been 12-12 with 200 yards rushing and 9 td's. But hey, he's a Freshman he'll grow into the role. I hope. /p
    2) In seriousness Trey is bigger than I remember him being last year. Really impressive presence in the pocket and on the move. Impressive accuracy as well.
    3) Running backs look to be by committee again which is probably best given the diversity of talent this year. I'd like to see Clarke get more first team carries.
    4) How about Sproles? That deep route was a thing of beauty. I hope to see a lot more of it.
    5) Nice pick by Hendricks. Not a lot to say on defense but they look as solid as ever. Any update on Jasir Cox?
    6) Thank God for football season.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Butler Post Game Thoughts/Discussion

This team will win MINIMUM 3 Natties under Lance. He will win 55+ games. NDSU will have 13 years of top tier FCS QB talent.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey picked right up where Easton left off. Incredible. Gotta wonder what Gopher fans in attendance thought.

Kobe Johnson looks good for #5 RB

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Trey picked right up where Easton left off. Incredible. Gotta wonder what Gopher fans in attendance thought.
    All of the intangibles are there. I have to imagine there are some Valley defenses that will give him some trickier looks and make him grow a little. But man you could not ask for more that what he did today for a first game.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Lots of big plays on offense and we lost TOP, which had been pretty rare over the years. Defense pursued really well and plenty of studs on D. Liked what we saw from both CBs. Trey Lance is the mother fucking MAN! Wow!!

Today’s game showed that Trey’s play during two games last year weren’t an aberration. I’m happily impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    This team will win MINIMUM 3 Natties under Lance. He will win 55+ games. NDSU will have 13 years of top tier FCS QB talent.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My takeaway is that we played Butler and it's great to get excited about stats and performances, but let's hold off until after the UND game

Hope the injuries to Jasir and Reinholz aren't serious.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013