Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Butler Post Game Thoughts/Discussion

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Butler Post Game Thoughts/Discussion

Trey Lance was unreal. 4 and 24 are our two best RB. Ty is very good but wont last running inside.

Not impressed with the defense. Maybe we weren’t intense against a bad team.

Thought our middle LB looked slow.

Also let’s not forget. CK was the defensive guru for years. Let’s see if we can maintain without him here. Will be interesting.

Can’t wait for the game this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Butler Post Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    There’s something about a crowd of 34,000 fans at a venue 240 miles from Fargo. Has to have the administration thinking through some “what if’s” ...
    Based on the amount of noise when the Bison were on offense, many in attendance were there to party and probably live near the cities like my friend who went with us.

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Based on the amount of noise when the Bison were on offense, many in attendance were there to party and probably live near the cities like my friend who went with us.

Agreed. Way more conversations and reunions happening in the stands than home games. It's cool that everyone was able to get together, but I dont think this is a good litmus test for a bigger stadium. If it took a novelty in their backyard to attend a game, why would they show up in Fargo for a bigger stadium?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Overheard the guy sitting behind me discover that the Bison play home games indoors. He was wearing an NDSU shirt.

533 In a row

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The defense seemed out of place at times IMO, this may be due to the new coaching staff and first game jitters. The Bison defense is tough to learn so if it is the coaching, I hope it gets fixed as quick as Entz learned from Klieman.

Trey is going to be a stud.

Kobe Johnson is going to be a beast. Preserve that redshirt if they can.

I'm not as worried about the receivers as I was before the game.

The oline has enough talent to have me not worried about Blazek replacing Riley in the near future, hopefully I never have to.

The kicking is concerning, but then again NDSU has never been known to have the strongest legs. I don't think kicking is much of a priority for the Bison as it is for other schools. It is nice to see a kickoff that is high and 5 yards into the end zone once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Agreed. Way more conversations and reunions happening in the stands than home games. It's cool that everyone was able to get together, but I dont think this is a good litmus test for a bigger stadium. If it took a novelty in their backyard to attend a game, why would they show up in Fargo for a bigger stadium?
    We wouldn’t. I am probably a very atypical semi-rabid Bison alum living in the cities since graduation and there is not an ice cube’s chance I would attended this game if played in Fargo even if you gave me the ticket for free. You can’t plan an expanded stadium in Fargo with the assumption that you will draw a meaningful percentage of the capacity from the Twin Cities area fan base. It won’t happen with any regularity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Bison football show isn't showing up on the tv guide. Going to DVR infomercials and hope for the best.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    We wouldn’t. I am probably a very atypical semi-rabid Bison alum living in the cities since graduation and there is not an ice cube’s chance I would attended this game if played in Fargo even if you gave me the ticket for free. You can’t plan an expanded stadium in Fargo with the assumption that you will draw a meaningful percentage of the capacity from the Twin Cities area fan base. It won’t happen with any regularity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It’s an interesting conversation. I would assume that we could fill a bigger stadium in Fargo, but unsure how much bigger. Unsure how a move up to FBS (we may need a bigger better facility to do it) would affect that, but I’m told it would...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I'm not sure about 2021, but 2020 and 2022 are going to be better teams than NDSU has ever had
    2020 NDSU is going to be a monster.
    WOW!!! This is an exciting statement!!! I hope you are correct!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    It’s an interesting conversation. I would assume that we could fill a bigger stadium in Fargo, but unsure how much bigger. Unsure how a move up to FBS (we may need a bigger better facility to do it) would affect that, but I’m told it would...
    Only filled the Fargodome twice last year. So I would assume it's already about the right size. At the least, there is no way they could justify the cost of something larger. That's just reality.