Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Butler Post Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: Butler Post Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    They don't drive demand, but they could contribute to perceived demand. If they think there is demand for tickets they will be as aggressive as possible in purchasing tickets. For example, let's say there are 20k tickets available for an event. If they feel the demand would be 40k they would try to buy as many as possible. Let's just say that number if 5k. Now let's say the actual demand at the original sale was 18k without the brokers and they were able to get 3k of the 5k they tried they now hold inventory. Then they go on the secondary market and list tickets for 3-4x the face value in hopes people will buy. But if the actual demand isn't above 19.5k they will end up dumping those tickets cheap or eating them. So I agree they don't drive demand but their activity could present as artificial demand.
    If you’re the entity selling the tickets, how much do you care? You made your money and eliminated your risk.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Not last year. Plenty of tickets available direct from NDSU during game weeks except SDSU and the semifinal. This is a change from years past. That seems to indicate that whatever demand was last year, it was less than what it was before.

This year started out with a rivalry game. We'll see what happens. Who knows, maybe the uncertainty of a very different team will increase interest this season.

Regardless, this has been gone over enough in past threads, so unless somebody has something new to add I'll leave it at that.
    I'll add something new. They just sold 35,000 tickets to a game at a baseball field 235 miles from Fargo for a game against Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'll add something new. They just sold 35,000 tickets to a game at a baseball field 235 miles from Fargo for a game against Butler.
    They sold beer.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That was a unique opportunity to tie into all the Twin Cities alumni that don't travel to Fargo for games. Plus I had several friends from around the country who turned it into as reunion weekend. T doesn't mean they could get 35,000 at every home game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    They sold beer.
    Why did you wait so long to offer that observation?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Why did you wait so long to offer that observation?
    Had to finish my beer.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Had to finish my beer.
    Ahh, good. Trust the process.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That was a unique opportunity to tie into all the Twin Cities alumni that don't travel to Fargo for games. Plus I had several friends from around the country who turned it into as reunion weekend. T doesn't mean they could get 35,000 at every home game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't expect them to draw 35,000 for every home game either but I bet there would be premium games they could get close if they had the capacity. I just find the notion that the Fargodome is right sized pretty ridiculous given what we saw at Target Field this past weekend and the ticket demand we've seen in the last 7+ years.

I wouldn't expect them to draw 35,000 for every home game either but I bet there would be premium games they could get close if they had the capacity. I just find the notion that the Fargodome is right sized pretty ridiculous given what we saw at Target Field this past weekend and the ticket demand we've seen in the last 7+ years.
    Don't even try to convince the backwards, status quo, dorks here at Bisonville that a bigger football venue is needed in the near future. They are happy with the cap at 19,000 forever. If it was up to them horse drawn carriage would still be our primary mode of transportation.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Don't even try to convince the backwards, status quo, dorks here at Bisonville that a bigger football venue is needed in the near future. They are happy with the cap at 19,000 forever. If it was up to them horse drawn carriage would still be our primary mode of transportation.
    "Horseless carriages, you say? Why, that's crazy talk. Don't get a big head."
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)