Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Butler Post Game Thoughts/Discussion

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Butler Post Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    This has been my thoughts for a while. Couple that with a roof over the stands with in-ground heat and infrared heating around the facility, done deal!
    No. NDSU will only be able to afford concrete into the earth. No roof, no snazzy options to keep people warm other than possible liquor sales. This only makes sense with an FBS move as there won't be home games in December anymore.

A future expansion would bring a roof, perhaps similar to the stadium in Frisco.

Now that I think about it more, that might be a perfect stadium example. That indoor club area in the endzone could be used for other events throughout the year.
    Insert something clever here...

Default Butler Post Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    JMU will start doing that this year. I think if it can be done responsibly it is good for everyone. Keeps fans interested in going, interested in staying (during bad weather or a blowout) and money back to the University.
    Looks like Georgia Southern is adding beer sales, too

Edit: looks like outside the stadium, pregame only...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I agreed they could sell more tickets if they lowered prices. But lowering prices defeats the point of building a new stadium or significantly expanding the Dome because it's all about overall revenue.

The cheapest Vikings tickets I was able to get this year were $70 each and a couple rows from the very top of the stadium against Detroit. Does that mean the Vikings should have spent an extra billion dollars to build a 100,000 seat stadium and then lower prices to fill it?
    SHOCKINGLY, some stadiums seat more than ours AND they make more money! Do you really think that revenue and attendance are mutually exclusive?

Obviously you cant just remove all donations for seats and replace them with $20 tickets. Literally no one is suggesting that. The whole argument is that if ANYTHING is done (in the FFD or new) they would likely require more seats, and requisite premium areas as well. Its a pretty easy math problem considering virtually every single major football and basketball program in the country have been able to figure it out.

This is a VERY simplified version of the math problem:

6,000 General admission tickets $50 = 300,000
    12,000 premium/donation seats $100 = 1,200,000
    Theoretical total Revenue: 1,500,000
    An average revenue of $83/fan

Lets add 4k GA Cheap seats and lower the price, keep 7k Premium seats as is, but increase the experience for the remaining 5k premium seats and the donation for each seat

10,000 GA tickets @ $35 =$350,000
    7,000 Premium tix @ 100 = 700,000
    3,000 Extra Premium tix @ 200 = 600,000
    2,000 Mega Premium tix at @300 = 600,000
    Theoretical Total : $2,250,000
    Average revenue/fan = $102.27

You can increase seats AND revenue per fan at the same time. Youre saying that they are mutually exclusive and that simply isnt true. I know we cant snap our fingers and make this happen, but we can increase revenue, and add cheap tickets and even lower the cost of some tickets
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Isn't the legislature taking comments on how to spend the $6 billion Legacy Fund? Take a billion, split it, build GFCC a non-nazi backed sheet of ice so they can't bitch about NDSU getting state funding. 500 mil should be enough for a roof....

Oh wait....this is reality. We'll actually have to consider how to pay for this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    SHOCKINGLY, some stadiums seat more than ours AND they make more money! Do you really think that revenue and attendance are mutually exclusive?

Obviously you cant just remove all donations for seats and replace them with $20 tickets. Literally no one is suggesting that. The whole argument is that if ANYTHING is done (in the FFD or new) they would likely require more seats, and requisite premium areas as well. Its a pretty easy math problem considering virtually every single major football and basketball program in the country have been able to figure it out.

This is a VERY simplified version of the math problem:

6,000 General admission tickets $50 = 300,000
    12,000 premium/donation seats $100 = 1,200,000
    Theoretical total Revenue: 1,500,000
    An average revenue of $83/fan

Lets add 4k GA Cheap seats and lower the price, keep 7k Premium seats as is, but increase the experience for the remaining 5k premium seats and the donation for each seat

10,000 GA tickets @ $35 =$350,000
    7,000 Premium tix @ 100 = 700,000
    3,000 Extra Premium tix @ 200 = 600,000
    2,000 Mega Premium tix at @300 = 600,000
    Theoretical Total : $2,250,000
    Average revenue/fan = $102.27

You can increase seats AND revenue per fan at the same time. Youre saying that they are mutually exclusive and that simply isnt true. I know we cant snap our fingers and make this happen, but we can increase revenue, and add cheap tickets and even lower the cost of some tickets
    Even if your numbers are accepted at face value an increase of $750,000 per game wouldn’t the interest let alone pay down the debt on a new facility. That math is pretty straight forward as well.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Even if your numbers are accepted at face value an increase of $750,000 per game wouldn’t the interest let alone pay down the debt on a new facility. That math is pretty straight forward as well.
    Plus those premium seats bring in more than $100. As someone else mentioned, 5 years of being a Team Maker close to the minimum donation didn't even get us single-game tickets for our top 3 choices. Some people (companies) donate a boat load of money for the best seats.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Probably a good thing events wouldn’t be restricted to just Bison football games then?

What college football stadium in FCS or even FBS is expected to pay for itself based off 6-7 football games each year?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Probably a good thing events wouldn’t be restricted to just Bison football games then?

What college football stadium in FCS or even FBS is expected to pay for itself based off 6-7 football games each year?
    Well, you’d have the dome to compete with for every other non University event so you’d probably both be worse off than the status quo.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

The cheapest option to sell more tickets is probably to add seating to the 4 corners of the dome. I don't know what it would cost or how many seats could be added, but it's way cheaper than building a new stadium. Those would be some of the worst seats in the house, but it does get more people into the game.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by turkeybucket View Post
    The cheapest option to sell more tickets is probably to add seating to the 4 corners of the dome. I don't know what it would cost or how many seats could be added, but it's way cheaper than building a new stadium. Those would be some of the worst seats in the house, but it does get more people into the game.
    build new boxes on the west wall remove the north press box, and replace the old boxes with general seating and bathrooms, add the south end club seating that was proposed a couple years ago, and add a second deck of SRO viewing.

that should get to about 21-22k
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.