Page 32 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Default Re: Trey>Carson>Stick>Jensen Dont reply.

Just how the hell does Minnesota miss on an in state guy like this? Thank God for their seeming ineptitude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Just how the hell does Minnesota miss on an in state guy like this? Thank God for their seeming ineptitude.

In Minnesota's defense they miss on a lot of in state players at all positions, not just QB.

iirc they were trying to recruit him as an “athlete”.
    Minnesota didn’t keep up a full-court press on the guy when he showed more interest in being a QB than an “athlete”.
    So he chose to be a QB and went somewhere that was recruiting him as a QB.
    After watching the Gophers’ RPO offense against SDSU, I think Trey Lance’s NFL prospects are served better in NDSU’s pro-style offense......just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    In Minnesota's defense they miss on a lot of in state players at all positions, not just QB.
    My take on this is that Minnesota isn’t missing out on in-state talent and those guys end up at NDSU, but rather that the guys who go to NDSU instead of Minnesota get developed better because of superior coaching. I think a lot big schools just try to plug and play with players and hope they work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Ha ha. Nice defense. If I am soon in need of legal representation I am going to forget to call you. But agreed - I was using Trey Lance as an example of a much broader pattern of failure that I am most grateful for.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Minnesota didn’t keep up a full-court press on the guy when he showed more interest in being a QB than an “athlete”.
    After watching the Gophers’ RPO offense against SDSU, I think Trey Lance’s NFL prospects are served better in NDSU’s pro-style offense......just my opinion though.
    How do you not recognize Lance as an ideal prospect specifically at QB? That's the head scratcher. Natural looking passer, highly intelligent, and wheels. If you can't see this kid had college QB written all over him, you suck at recruiting.

They are talking about Tre Lance on 790 radio & They just said North Dakota State University is really really really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    My take on this is that Minnesota isn’t missing out on in-state talent and those guys end up at NDSU, but rather that the guys who go to NDSU instead of Minnesota get developed better because of superior coaching. I think a lot big schools just try to plug and play with players and hope they work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I certainly don’t disagree with this however while I have a strong believe in the wizardry and magical powers of Hedberg and Kramer I don’t believe they could have manufactured Trey with only one year of work. Hell we saw the natural gifts last year in the few series he played in mop up.

I can subscribe to the athlete vs QB recruiting difference but for me at least the contrast between Trey Lance and the kid Minnesota played on Thursday night is jarring. Yeah I know Minnesota played a better opponent. And yeah I know they have another kid who is really QB1 (I think that’s right isn’t it?). If a guy like me who knows almost nothing about football can see these differences how can peeps who are paid to distinguish talent miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Watching the Gophers offensive line play against SDSU, I think Trey's long term health is better served playing for NDSU.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Ha ha. Nice defense.
    It's the best the Grophers have.