Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Default Re: Trey>Carson>Stick>Jensen Dont reply.

Hm, remind me where the last FCS grad transfer to Oregon ended up?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Hm, remind me where the last FCS grad transfer to Oregon ended up?
    Denny's????

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Honestly why would he? Wentz got drafted #2 overall. It isn't necessary to transfer out of NDSU to up your draft stock.
    A lot of guys would be interested in suiting up for a good P5 team. I dont know if he is one of those guys but playing in front of 50,000-100,000+ people at a premier university is something NDSU can't offer. It is what it is. These guys only get one opportunity to play college football.
    College of Business Alumnus

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just done see it. In my opinion he’ll follow the Wentz/Stick route and get drafted from NDSU. No reason to go to a new team and learn a new playbook and everything that goes with transferring when you can get a better chance at an NFL opportunity staying put at NDSU. Look at Mr. Everything from Eastern Washington who went to the Ducks and now plays in the CFL. And yes I said a better chance getting to the NFL from NDSU than anywhere else. Now mind you he is only a RFr but looks great thus far.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

High risk for how much reward? If you think you have a shot at the Heisman or what to play in front of bigger crowds for your last year in college that's some pretty short term thinking. The playoff is the NFL and playing QB at NDSU is proven to be able to get you there.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    High risk for how much reward? If you think you have a shot at the Heisman or what to play in front of bigger crowds for your last year in college that's some pretty short term thinking. The playoff is the NFL and playing QB at NDSU is proven to be able to get you there.
    I don't know what his goals in life are. I'd counter that if he is an NFL caliber player, then he shouldn't have too much trouble doing well at a P5 school if he wants.

I wouldnt worry about it now, he'll be in Fargo for another couple years minimum. If he wants to go somewhere else for his 5th year, more power to him. It's very common nowadays.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I don't know what his goals in life are. I'd counter that if he is an NFL caliber player, then he shouldn't have too much trouble doing well at a P5 school if he wants.

I wouldnt worry about it now, he'll be in Fargo for another couple years minimum. If he wants to go somewhere else for his 5th year, more power to him. It's very common nowadays.
    If he wanted to go somewhere for his last year why not the NFL?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    If he wanted to go somewhere for his last year why not the NFL?
    I don't know. He could. There is a million reasons to do each path. Again, the guy is a redshirt freshman, I dont see a reason anyone should worry about him leaving right now.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I don't know. He could. There is a million reasons to do each path. Again, the guy is a redshirt freshman, I dont see a reason anyone should worry about him leaving right now.
    We are putting the cart way, way in front of the horse. Lance is a tremendous talent, and NDSU has proven that our system is capable of molding potential into NFL talent, especially at QB.

But the kid's 19. It does nobody any good to speculate years into the future.

Besides, all these QBs transferring generally lost their starting jobs at the first school. Zeb Noland being an obvious, and close to home example.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    We are putting the cart way, way in front of the horse...

Besides, all these QBs transferring generally lost their starting jobs at the first school. Zeb Noland being an obvious, and close to home example.
    HOLY SHIT! You mean in the next few years we are going to get a QB recruit so good he will end up taking the starting spot from Lance?!?!