Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Attendance vs Gophers in Minneapolis

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Attendance vs Gophers in Minneapolis

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    You need to get better sources. Congrats to NDSU for making this quite an event. Lot of money coming back to Fargo. Drink of Bison fans!!!!
    Lot's of money and PR from the game setting! The PR is priceless!!

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    From last year: "The Gophers announced a crowd of 41,291 for their opener against New Mexico State, for example, but the number of scanned tickets was 20,218."

http://www.startribune.com/universit...ion/501108962/

They might have a higher announced attendance. But an 8pm Thursday night kickoff against a lowly FCS school, I doubt they have more butts in the seats than Target Field on Saturday.
    "Per a Star Tribune article last November, the turnstile counts of 15,434 and 15,160 for late season Minnesota home games against Purdue and Northwestern..."

That is crazy. 15,000 fans in a home Big 10 matchup? Is that because it's outdoors?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    So it's basically the same as an FBS game. With numbers like that, it would be stupid to not do this regularly during a 12 game season. But we dont know if the novelty will wear off in time
    I wonder if we could do this during an 11 game season also? 6 home games, 1 at Target Field, and 4 away games?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    "Per a Star Tribune article last November, the turnstile counts of 15,434 and 15,160 for late season Minnesota home games against Purdue and Northwestern..."

That is crazy. 15,000 fans in a home Big 10 matchup? Is that because it's outdoors?

Might have something to do with the head coach

That guy is tough to take

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Might have something to do with the head coach

That guy is tough to take
    It’s Minnesota. Apathy regarding collegiate sports abounds because, pros in da house + small market. Also, it’s not Fargo but it DOES get downright chilly here in November.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Going to be a fun day. Opponent doesn’t matter in this one. Novelty might wear off if they don’t find a better opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post

People care about the pro sports in the twin cities area. I work in an office of about 30 people and only one of them even half ass pays attention to the gophers. A couple of my coworkers even played baseball for the gophers and could not tell you anything about how their teams are doing.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    People care about the pro sports in the twin cities area. I work in an office of about 30 people and only one of them even half ass pays attention to the gophers. A couple of my coworkers even played baseball for the gophers and could not tell you anything about how their teams are doing.
    Well it's one of those rare major universitys tucked into a top 15 market in the country. The fans are there...the teams have just sucked for 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Well it's one of those rare major universitys tucked into a top 15 market in the country. The fans are there...the teams have just sucked for 50 years.
    Yeah kinda a tricky spot to be in.

I think UCLA and USC run into the same problem, if they arent good, people dont come.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    You need to get better sources. Congrats to NDSU for making this quite an event. Lot of money coming back to Fargo. Drink of Bison fans!!!!
    i corrected my self below. i meant the college of ndsu won't get anything money wise and my main point is Dave Lil Peter and Twins will make $5 million off of us NDSU fans. wish NDSU was getting more of that cut. that's all.. carry on .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?