Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Attendance vs Gophers in Minneapolis

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Attendance vs Gophers in Minneapolis

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    The HBCU teams typically get the largest crowds. The 2015 Celebration Bowl had 35,528 in attendance. The 1994 Heritage bowl had 36,128.
    Hmmm I don't think NC a&t would really get out fans excited as an opponent.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Pretty tough to top the SWAC classic games. The Bayou Classic (Grambling and Southern), Florida Classic (Florida A&M and Bethune-Cookman), and Magic City Classic (Alabama State and Alabama A&M) routinely draw 60k+. The Florida Classic drew 73,358 in 2003 in Orlando. That might be the biggest ever for an FCS vs FCS game.
    Dang Vikings stadium is only 66,500 capacity

And those HBCU fans show up to watch 2 bad football teams so how come we're complaining about having to watch 1 bad football team???

And those HBCU fans show up to watch 2 bad football teams so how come we're complaining about having to watch 1 bad football team???
    The bands though.

Pretty tough to top the SWAC classic games. The Bayou Classic (Grambling and Southern), Florida Classic (Florida A&M and Bethune-Cookman), and Magic City Classic (Alabama State and Alabama A&M) routinely draw 60k+. The Florida Classic drew 73,358 in 2003 in Orlando. That might be the biggest ever for an FCS vs FCS game.
    I don't doubt the attendance at these HBCU "classic" games... but with these huge attendance numbers, you would think the HBCU's would be seeing significant revenue... yet, they have some of the lowest athletic budgets in the FCS. Curious why there is a disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NO it WONT!

NDSU isn't getting money from Tickets or Concessions (I didn't know about the tickets, but 10000% concessions going to Twins, NDSU gets 0 take of it... which was horrible negiotiating.)

Twins made $2 MILLION off St Johns/St Thomas, they'll make $5 Million off NDSU game.... Pohlads are greedy bastads.
    Ill correct myself. NDSU, the school doesn't get any money from this, just Athletic program.

Twins will make a ton...5 million probably
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Ill correct myself. NDSU, the school doesn't get any money from this, just Athletic program.
    Well...Duh

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    I don't doubt the attendance at these HBCU "classic" games... but with these huge attendance numbers, you would think the HBCU's would be seeing significant revenue... yet, they have some of the lowest athletic budgets in the FCS. Curious why there is a disconnect.
    The only attendance numbers I trust at the NCAA level are the FCS playoff games. Pretty incredible how you can watch a regular season game and playoff games with similar-enough appearing crowds and SOMEHOW the attendance reported to the NCAA during playoffs is 25%-33% what is typically announced during regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The only attendance numbers I trust at the NCAA level are the FCS playoff games. Pretty incredible how you can watch a regular season game and playoff games with similar-enough appearing crowds and SOMEHOW the attendance reported to the NCAA during playoffs is 25%-33% what is typically announced during regular season.
    Yup... and the same thing happens for postseason bowl games. I recall the Celebration Bowl attendance a couple years back bein initially announced in the 18-19k range and then a few hours later it was changed to 30k+. When schools have to start writing checks to the NCAA based on paid attendance it's amazing how much more accurate they get in their reporting.

NO it WONT!

NDSU isn't getting money from Tickets or Concessions (I didn't know about the tickets, but 10000% concessions going to Twins, NDSU gets 0 take of it... which was horrible negiotiating.)

Twins made $2 MILLION off St Johns/St Thomas, they'll make $5 Million off NDSU game.... Pohlads are greedy bastads.
    You need to get better sources. Congrats to NDSU for making this quite an event. Lot of money coming back to Fargo. Drink of Bison fans!!!!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.