Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The Freshman Four - 2019 Edition

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Freshman Four - 2019 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Agreed, they've got Tuszka, Waege, and McCormick to handle the bulk of the snaps at DE and they can spell them with guys like Tony Pierce, Jake Kava, and Justice Kelly. Not sure if Ogbu is going to make it back this year or not... I had high hopes for him this year but injuries have derailed his season.
    Anyone else suprised by Jake kava? Been a pretty darn good player in limited action this year. We've needed him with injuries and I didn't see that coming
    Last edited by Twincitybizon; 11-18-2019 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Sp

Agreed, they've got Tuszka, Waege, and McCormick to handle the bulk of the snaps at DE and they can spell them with guys like Tony Pierce, Jake Kava, and Justice Kelly. Not sure if Ogbu is going to make it back this year or not... I had high hopes for him this year but injuries have derailed his season.
    Yeah, and Will has shown the kind of flashes where I really, really want to keep that redshirt save the year. Kids looks potentially special to me.

It's this time of year you start wondering if any of the true freshman with only a game or two are being held in reserve in case there is an injury during the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yeah, and Will has shown the kind of flashes where I really, really want to keep that redshirt save the year. Kids looks potentially special to me.
    They could just slap Eli's jersey on him and use him for 2 more games.

They could just slap Eli's jersey on him and use him for 2 more games.
    Haha, great idea.

I think if Pierce is fully back and perhaps Ogbu can get healthy for the playoff run that they will feel better not burning his redshirt. Agreed on the pleasant emergence of Kava.
    Rixen

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cardinal, Henderson, Weertz and Wlodarczyk. Let the Bussey show begin. How many ways can you use a 5' 5" rocket?

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Cardinal, Henderson, Weertz and Wlodarczyk. Let the Bussey show begin. How many ways can you use a 5' 5" rocket?
    I don't think he's healthy yet. He broke his finger in practice the week of 11/11 and Entz said it was a 6 week timetable for a return. We're only 4 weeks out from that right now. If that timetable holds the only way we see him again this season is if it's in Frisco.

Holy crap I've fallen behind...

Southern Illinois:

Julian Wlodarczyk
    Griffin Crosa

Nicholls:

Julian Wlodarczyk
    Will Cardinal
    Luke Weerts
    Braylon Henderson

I don't think he's healthy yet. He broke his finger in practice the week of 11/11 and Entz said it was a 6 week timetable for a return. We're only 4 weeks out from that right now. If that timetable holds the only way we see him again this season is if it's in Frisco.
    Kolpack said he thought Bussey could be back for ISU.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013