Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Freshman Four - 2019 Edition

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Freshman Four - 2019 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    all 4 lose thier shirt is my prediction
    Why was this weeetz first action??

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Why was this weeetz first action??
    Injuries to Jasir Cox and James Hendricks forced them to play him for special teams duty perhaps?

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Injuries to Jasir Cox and James Hendricks forced them to play him for special teams duty perhaps?
    Just thought with his talent he'd get on the field right away

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Just thought with his talent he'd get on the field right away
    LB is one of the mentally tougher positions to pick up in NDSU's defensive scheme based on what I've heard from coaches in the past. I recall Klieman mentioning how they already knew how physically gifted Jabril Cox was as a true freshman but they kept his redshirt on him since they didn't think he was ready mentally yet. No idea if that's the case with Weerts as well but it's a possibility.

If we can manage to keep Weert's RS, that would be huge. Like Ross said when he was on with Brake Friday afternoon....Kobe's shirt was burned the minute Seth blew his ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    ....Kobe's shirt was burned the minute Seth blew his ACL.
    I still don't get this. We have Brooks, Williams, Cofield, and Clark...any one of them could be all conference with enough touches. Everybody thinks Kobe is great now, but imagine him as a 22 year old red shirt senior nfl level talent.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    I still don't get this. We have Brooks, Williams, Cofield, and Clark...any one of them could be all conference with enough touches. Everybody thinks Kobe is great now, but imagine him as a 22 year old red shirt senior nfl level talent.
    So he could redshirt next year, or 2021, or 2022 and we would still see that. Just like Dimitri Williams right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    So he could redshirt next year, or 2021, or 2022 and we would still see that. Just like Dimitri Williams right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    yes 10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    LB is one of the mentally tougher positions to pick up in NDSU's defensive scheme based on what I've heard from coaches in the past. I recall Klieman mentioning how they already knew how physically gifted Jabril Cox was as a true freshman but they kept his redshirt on him since they didn't think he was ready mentally yet. No idea if that's the case with Weerts as well but it's a possibility.
    Jabril was everywhere on the field last year. I remember hearing radio aanouncers calling his name on every tackle last year. I wonder what changed this year ?? Did his percentage drop this year ??

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Jabril was everywhere on the field last year. I remember hearing radio aanouncers calling his name on every tackle last year. I wonder what changed this year ?? Did his percentage drop this year ??
    My guess is opposing OC's are learning to gameplan this way against Cox: