Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Freshman Four - 2019 Edition

Default The Freshman Four - 2019 Edition

Check back for updates to track the 2019 freshman class as individual players approach the magic number of 4 games played.

Posts will be made for each game, with the OP updated with a running list for the season with all players and the total games they've played.

Lasted Updated for Montana State (Semifinal)

GRIFFIN CROSA 14
    JULIAN WLODARCZYK 14
    KOBE JOHNSON 12
    LUKE WEERTS 12

WILL MOSTAERT 4
    BRAYLON HENDERSON 4

WILL CARDINAL 3
    TRAVIS YOHNKE 2
    JAKE LIPPE 2
    JAVIER DERRITT 2
    LOGAN HOFSTEDT 2
    ELI MOSTAERT 2
    JADEN KLABO 2
    JAKE ROCK 1
    JALEN BUSSEY 1
    TERRELL HALL 1
    DOM JONES 1
    Last edited by EC8CH; 12-26-2019 at 01:35 AM.

Default Re: The Freshman Four - 2019 Edition

Less than a week out to the start of the season. Any guesses which players might break through their freshman four?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Less than a week out to the start of the season. Any guesses which players might break through their freshman four?
    I'll bite, Lippe and Baptist at WR. We need to build depth at WR.

My guess... one of the d backs or receivers. As far as individuals go... I wont even guess

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    My guess... one of the d backs or receivers. As far as individuals go... I wont even guess
    Boring.....

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I already mentioned this on another thread but Coach Entz said that wide receivers D.J. Baptist (no e), Braylon Henderson and Jake Lippe have a shot at having their redshirts removed this season. Other freshmen that may play right away (most likely on special teams) are running back Kobe Johnson and defensive players Luke Weerts, Julian Wlodarczyk and Terrell Hall. I am guessing that Kobe Johnson may get a shot returning kicks or punts. He was a 10.57 100 meter guy in high school and could be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    I already mentioned this on another thread but Coach Entz said that wide receivers D.J. Baptist (no e), Braylon Henderson and Jake Lippe have a shot at having their redshirts removed this season. Other freshmen that may play right away (most likely on special teams) are running back Kobe Johnson and defensive players Luke Weerts, Julian Wlodarczyk and Terrell Hall. I am guessing that Kobe Johnson may get a shot returning kicks or punts. He was a 10.57 100 meter guy in high school and could be fun to watch.
    Kobe is one of the fastest kids we've signed in recent memory. Gotta imagine he will get a legit shot on punts or kickoffs.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Kobe is one of the fastest kids we've signed in recent memory. Gotta imagine he will get a legit shot on punts or kickoffs.
    And Jalen Bussey, at 5'5", has to be one of the shortest bison of all time. He ran a 10.67 hundred meter last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    And Jalen Bussey, at 5'5", has to be one of the shortest bison of all time. He ran a 10.67 hundred meter last year.
    That kid is really intriguing. When you're 5-5 and can run that fast, you can change direction in a way a 6 footer could only dream of. And although he is light, if you get low your center of gravity is ridiculous and it makes you very hard to tackle. Plus you can literally hide behind our line and they wont even see him. I liken it to trying to tackle a dog. Think Darren Sproles. Although Sproles is 190 so Kobe better be pounding the protein shakes like Bison Nation pounds beer

Sounds like the plan is to play more freshman earlier in the year than last year. Should keep this thread busy.