Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 MVFC Season

Default Re: 2019 MVFC Season

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    One way to defend it is to go man coverage on the split receivers and rely on the D-line and one or two linebackers to stop the run.

Also the bunnies give themselves a ridiculous advantage by regularly breaking a rule. Ineligible players downfield. They consistently have lineman 5 or more yards down field and then the quarterback sets up and throws. The linebackers and safeties are almost forced to play run because lineman are charging right at them then the receivers can run free and make easy catches. And its never called...ever...drives me crazy.
    Definitely seems to be an issue with this offense. Buzz out there is that it will start getting called more.

So basically you don't ask much different of your front 4 but use the back 7 in soft man or if you have to go zone cheat a safety into the box? When the contact between the QB and the running back gets drawn out as long as possible is when it seems to be most effective but I'd have to think you're going to have O-linemen too far down field more often than not then. Does that mean hold off the blitz?

I like Gibbs. I hope Stig takes care of him ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Definitely seems to be an issue with this offense. Buzz out there is that it will start getting called more.

So basically you don't ask much different of your front 4 but use the back 7 in soft man or if you have to go zone cheat a safety into the box? When the contact between the QB and the running back gets drawn out as long as possible is when it seems to be most effective but I'd have to think you're going to have O-linemen too far down field more often than not then. Does that mean hold off the blitz?

I like Gibbs. I hope Stig takes care of him ...
    I'm just hoping he will be as generous with the Bison as he was with the Gophers.

Cheating safeties up risks them getting beat deep if they make the wrong read. Seems to me that playing zone is harder because the coverage players are watching the action in the backfield and may get tricked. I'm sure CAS can give a better idea of how it all works.

gophers played horrible, sdsu is NOT that good. i see them 8-3
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

QB news......

Ross Uglem
    @RossUglem
    ·
    12h
    multiple sources: South Dakota State QB J'Bore Gibbs suffered an injury to his throwing hand in the 4Q against Minnesota and is expected to miss time. Not expected to threaten his season and may not even affect conference play.
    Tom Miller
    @tommillergf
    ·
    19h
    UND names Andrew Zimmerman starting quarterback......
    Starting QB Nate Ketteringham injured in Fighting Hawks 1st game against Drake.

how bad is Oklahoma going to crush the coyotes. yikes
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

This week’s MVFC schedule:

Saturday, Sept. 7

Morehead State at #16 Illinois State | Normal, Ill. • 6:30 p.m. [NBCSCH/ESPN+]
    Dayton at #14 Indiana State | Terre Haute, Ind. • 1 pm ET [ESPN+]
    Southern Utah at #11 UNI | Cedar Falls, Iowa • 4 pm CT [PSN/ESPN3]
    South Dakota at #4 Oklahoma | Norman, Okla. • 6 pm CT [FS Southwest]
    Long Island at #3 South Dakota State | Brookings, S.D. • 6 pm CT [Midco/ESPN3]
    Southern Illinois at UMass | Amherst, Mass. • 2:30 pm CT [FloSports]
    Western Illinois at Colorado State | Fort Collins, Colo. • 3 pm CT [AT&T SportsNet]
    Howard at RV Youngstown State | Youngstown, Ohio • 2 pm ET [ESPN+]
    https://valley-football.org/news/201...tebook-s3.aspx

MVFC in the NFL
    There are a total of 18 student-athletes representing MVFC schools on NFL opening-day rosters. They include the following:

Ravens - Chris Board (North Dakota State)
    Cardinals - David Johnson (UNI)
    Colts - Joe Haeg (North Dakota State), Adam Vinatieri (South Dakota State)
    Packers - Darrius Shepherd (NDSU), Robert Tonyan (Indiana State), Billy Turner (North Dakota State)
    Titans - MyCole Pruitt (Southern Illinois)
    Broncos - Shelby Harris (Illinois State)
    Chargers - Easton Stick (North Dakota State)
    Eagles - L.J. Fort (UNI), Dallas Goedert (South Dakota State), Carson Wentz (North Dakota St.)
    Texans - Dylan Cole (Missouri State)
    Chiefs - Khalen Saunders (Western Illinois), Xavier Williams (UNI)
    Jets - Tom Compton (South Dakota)
    Jaguars - James O’Shaughnessy (Illinois State)

Indiana State craps the bed and lost to Dayton. SIU and YSU win.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

This week’s MVFC schedule:

Saturday, Sept. 14
    #12 Illinois State at Eastern Illinois | Charleston, Ill. • 2 p.m. [ESPN+]
    RV Eastern Kentucky at RV Indiana State | Terre Haute, Ind. • 1 pm ET [ESPN+]
    Missouri State at Tulane | New Orleans, La. • 7 pm CT [ESPN3]
    #1 North Dakota State at #18 Delaware | Newark, DE • 12 pm CT [NBC ND/FloSports]
    Houston Baptist at South Dakota | Vermillion, S.D. • 2 pm CT [Midco/ESPN3]
    Drake at #3 South Dakota State | Brookings, S.D. • 1 pm CT [Midco/ESPN+]
    UT Martin at Southern Illinois | Carbondale, Ill. • 6 pm CT [ESPN+]
    #10 Montana State at Western Illinois | Macomb, Ill. • 3 pm CT [ESPN+]
    Duquesne at RV Youngstown State | Youngstown, Ohio • 2 pm ET [ESPN+]

https://valley-football.org/news/201...tebook-s9.aspx

And the school up north is on tv also:

NR/RV North Dakota returns home for the 54th annual Potato Bowl USA game on Saturday afternoon against No. 24/21 Sam Houston State. Kickoff is slated for 4 p.m. and can be seen live on MidcoSN, Fox College Sports, and Pluto TV.
    https://fightinghawks.com/news/2019/...ton-state.aspx

Wild game in Vermillion. Tied at 38 starting the 4th quarter. Oops, HBU just scored again to go up 45-38.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013