Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
One way to defend it is to go man coverage on the split receivers and rely on the D-line and one or two linebackers to stop the run.

Also the bunnies give themselves a ridiculous advantage by regularly breaking a rule. Ineligible players downfield. They consistently have lineman 5 or more yards down field and then the quarterback sets up and throws. The linebackers and safeties are almost forced to play run because lineman are charging right at them then the receivers can run free and make easy catches. And its never called...ever...drives me crazy.
Definitely seems to be an issue with this offense. Buzz out there is that it will start getting called more.

So basically you don't ask much different of your front 4 but use the back 7 in soft man or if you have to go zone cheat a safety into the box? When the contact between the QB and the running back gets drawn out as long as possible is when it seems to be most effective but I'd have to think you're going to have O-linemen too far down field more often than not then. Does that mean hold off the blitz?

I like Gibbs. I hope Stig takes care of him ...