Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Watch Parties

Default Re: 2019 Watch Parties

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    This was intentional. Took one register and drove the getaway car in behind it. I’m in here now trying to download the surveillance video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well hopefully the register was empty and they got nothing.

Hail the BISON!!!

This was intentional. Took one register and drove the getaway car in behind it. I’m in here now trying to download the surveillance video.

I'm guessing the crash car was stolen? Otherwise he'd be in the hole, dollar wise unless the cash register was loaded.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I'm guessing the crash car was stolen? Otherwise he'd be in the hole, dollar wise unless the cash register was loaded.
    The minivan was definitely stolen, not sure about the pickup they backed in later to ram the ATM. I'm assuming that was too.

The drawer had some money in it; not sure how much...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Here's a link to the video; those of you who know me will recognize the fat bastard walking by at the 1:22 mark. And that's my sign on the door at the end (note the Bison colored pins)...

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/02/...taurant-crash/
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Here's a link to the video; those of you who know me will recognize the fat bastard walking by at the 1:22 mark. And that's my sign on the door at the end (note the Bison colored pins)...

Interesting reporter
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Well, don't know what's going to happen with my watch parties next year. Hopefully it's not structural damage. Well, I mean damage that's not fixable. There's obviously structural damage. WTF happened to just leaving a bad Yelp review...

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...on-flees-scene
    Outside the obvious impact damage, it looks pretty good. At least the assholes had good aim. Not seeing any cracks in the mortar, so it doesn't appear that parts of the building shifted. And hopefully the wall they hit on the inside was just a partition wall. Only half of one booth damaged, it looks like? And no damage to the bar? If the owner is aggressive with his insurance company and getting contractors on-site, maybe fixed within a week(depending on permits/inspections)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Outside the obvious impact damage, it looks pretty good. At least the assholes had good aim. Not seeing any cracks in the mortar, so it doesn't appear that parts of the building shifted. And hopefully the wall they hit on the inside was just a partition wall. Only half of one booth damaged, it looks like? And no damage to the bar? If the owner is aggressive with his insurance company and getting contractors on-site, maybe fixed within a week(depending on permits/inspections)?
    I have no idea how serious this is.

"No Parking Beyond This Point" is a heck of sign!

Might have to review a couple weeks worth of surveillance video to see who was casing the place because the thieves knew the place way too well.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I have no idea how serious this is.

That's one of the pictures I was looking at. To my layman's eye, it doesn't look too bad. The big vertical crack is impact damage, so we discount that. I was mostly looking at the mortar above the door. If cracks were forming there, I'd be worried because it would mean the whole wall had shifted. But everything looks good. I'd be a touch worried about the interior wall, depending on where the structural column was hidden, but I suspect it's just to the left of the ATM and wasn't involved. The big thing is that the minivan and pickup look like they were shorter than the headers. If they had hit them, that would have made things harder to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    That's one of the pictures I was looking at. To my layman's eye, it doesn't look too bad. The big vertical crack is impact damage, so we discount that. I was mostly looking at the mortar above the door. If cracks were forming there, I'd be worried because it would mean the whole wall had shifted. But everything looks good. I'd be a touch worried about the interior wall, depending on where the structural column was hidden, but I suspect it's just to the left of the ATM and wasn't involved. The big thing is that the minivan and pickup look like they were shorter than the headers. If they had hit them, that would have made things harder to fix.
    I’m not an engineer or into construction so I have no idea. Here’s a couple pics, one of where the ATM was and one of the drywall on the other side of the wall.