Tweeted this out there too ...

How often do you get three QBs like Lance, Noland and Sanders who immediately go public with their respect for each other, and support the hell out of each other after a QB announcement is made? And nobody is clamoring for a damned transfer "portal" trip within nanoseconds to BFE U.?

I'll tell all of y'all right now that I've exchanged PMs with all 3 of them tonight. I hope that doesn't get them in trouble. Trey was always outstanding in recruiting and congrats to him. He hasn't hit me back yet but I enjoyed corresponding with him through recruiting, including a national title pick vs JMU when he was still a recruiting. Noland hit me back and Bison fans? You couldn't be classier than Zeb was. I mean, this guy has had success in the Big 12, and he's as humble as it comes. And Noah? Same as he always was with recruiting .... "thanks for the positive response".

"Culture" is something Sam Herder and I yap so much about on our podcasts that we actually laugh about it, but culture is also a wonderful thing (especially these days). It transcends sports. You all know it because you all live and breathe it, and your program wins because of culture. Many fall short.

I got the feeling that today was a culture thing, and that a program like this attracts kids who want "culture". We get asked all the time about "why in the HELL is some program in the Dakotas so good?"

And it's funny, when I worked for The Sporting News covering recruiting we wondered about that.

NDSU is obviously very, very good. But so is SDSU, and USD and UND (I know you all are gagging right about now, but it's true) also have done well recently. How can colleges in the Dakotas win in D-1 CFB? and how can all of them knock of FBS schools? Population wise? It makes no sense. But it happens.

Culture.

Honestly? It's fascinating to watch. Today's big announcement was a great example of it. Kudos to these three young men who took tough news with so much grace.