Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Butler

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Butler

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    I agree. If Butler were smart, they'd run the ball as much as possible, and run the play clock down as far as possible on each play, just to shorten the game.

It's not clear to my why we schedule these bottom of the rung teams in the first place. What do we gain by it?
    Our success has been due in large part to our depth. These games give 2's and 3's an opportunity to get lots of actual game reps. But beyond that, for this year anyway, our 14 or 15 new 1's and new coaching staff will get lots of valuable game experience without the outcome of the game being in doubt.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

I agree. If Butler were smart, they'd run the ball as much as possible, and run the play clock down as far as possible on each play, just to shorten the game.

It's not clear to my why we schedule these bottom of the rung teams in the first place. What do we gain by it?
    Looking back at the seasons NDSU won the National Championship the past eight years, they had at least one fairly easy OOC game (usually two) except for one season - 2016. With the toll the MVFC takes on the players, playing three to four more tough games does not fare well for the team. However, with the F'Hawkers now being a yearly thing again, maybe NDSU only needs one easy OOC game.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Our success has been due in large part to our depth. These games give 2's and 3's an opportunity to get lots of actual game reps. But beyond that, for this year anyway, our 14 or 15 new 1's and new coaching staff will get lots of valuable game experience without the outcome of the game being in doubt.
    I can understand that. Especially with all the turnover we have in new players, new QB, and new coaches coming into this season. It'll probably take a while to get all the kinks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Looking back at the seasons NDSU won the National Championship the past eight years, they had at least one fairly easy OOC game (usually two) except for one season - 2016. With the toll the MVFC takes on the players, playing three to four more tough games does not fare well for the team. However, with the F'Hawkers now being a yearly thing again, maybe NDSU only needs one easy OOC game.
    That was a big reason we didn't 8peat!

Looks like they've opened up tickets in the upper level endzone now. Some upper deck corners available as well as random singles. Not great seats but anyone who wants to get in the door certainly can.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I can understand that. Especially with all the turnover we have in new players, new QB, and new coaches coming into this season. It'll probably take a while to get all the kinks out.
    In this particular case I believe there is also a significant set of zeros on a check from the Twins organization. Thought somebody said it will be a payout similar to an FBS game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I kind of like this OOC schedule with all of our roster turnover. Start out with a probable easy game, with each succeeding game getting maybe a little tougher...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I kind of like this OOC schedule with all of our roster turnover. Start out with a probable easy game, with each succeeding game getting maybe a little tougher...
    Exactly. This will be a live scrimmage. Next week will have a little juice to it, moderately tough road game the week after, then a legit top 5 game that they match up exceeding well against.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any tailgating on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hansen View Post
    Any tailgating on Saturday?
    Yeah..its called every bar in downtown Minneapolis!!! In all seriousness, the only one I have seen is the one Midwest Sports tours is doing near Target Field. Pretty good deal for food and all you can drink options. Look them up online or on Facebook.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN