Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2019 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    JMU fans/reporters really should not mentioned the WVU game being that the Mountaineers are 3-5 and are ranked (#61) closer to JMU (#74) in the Sagarin Ratings than they are to NDSU (#37).

Looking at their schedule, I'm not sure they can complain about being ranked #2. Their closest victory was an overtime win over Stony Brook, who are currently ranked #158 in the Sagarin Ratings (Villanova is their highest rated opponent at #131). NDSU has victories over six teams with better current Sagarin Ratings than Stony Brook (UND-#150, UC Davis-#130, Illinois State-#126, Northern Iowa-#103, South Dakota State-#80, Youngstown State-#137), or four victories over teams ranked higher than Villanova.
    None of this matters to the streamer screamers, go read their board.

CAA is top dog, NDSU is good but not near what JMU is compared to competition played. Every team in the CAA is God's gift to FCS, anyone below NDSU in the MVFC is vastly overrated.

That's the cliffs notes
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post

CAA is top dog, NDSU is good but not near what JMU is compared to competition played. Every team in the CAA is God's gift to FCS, anyone below NDSU in the MFVC is vastly overrated.

That's the cliffs notes
    JMU needs to be more concerned about being leapfrogged by Weber. There’s much stronger arguments for JMU at #3/4 than there is for them at #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    JMU needs to be more concerned about being leapfrogged by Weber. There’s much stronger arguments for JMU at #3/4 than there is for them at #1.
    We want SDSU and JMU at 2 and 3 so they can play eachother and we can get something new... I GUESS if JMU gets the 4 seed I wouldn't mind them coming to the dome so we can shut up those delusional fans.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    We want SDSU and JMU at 2 and 3 so they can play eachother and we can get something new... I GUESS if JMU gets the 4 seed I wouldn't mind them coming to the dome so we can shut up those delusional fans.
    This all the way heff. Although it's shaping up to be another parade of familiar names to the dome come playoff time. Wouldn't mind seeing the Griz or Sac St., but damnit I don't want those losers from up north.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Without Gibbs, I'm not sure if SDSU is much of a threat. I would rather see Weber State and JMU on the same side.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Without Gibbs, I'm not sure if SDSU is much of a threat. I would rather see Weber State and JMU on the same side.
    Wait.... You realize we were 1 yard away from losing that game... Not much of a threat?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Wait.... You realize we were 1 yard away from losing that game... Not much of a threat?
    I have a feeling they don't make it to the QFs this year unless Gibbs somehow returns. In regards to the NDSU-SDSU game, I felt the game was close due to the Bison not executing well, much like the week prior with Missouri State. If the Bison are executing like they are suppose to, they're going to be hard to stop.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    4 inches that were never in doubt
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post

CAA is top dog, NDSU is good but not near what JMU is compared to competition played. Every team in the CAA is God's gift to FCS, anyone below NDSU in the MVFC is vastly overrated.

That's the cliffs notes
    There is one clown on there that says the same shit every year. NDSU overrated and JMU is just struck by bad luck all the time.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    It's like some folks don't get how this Sagarin thing works. :-)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Jeff lives in southern Indiana which is basically Kentucky so there is that. He does publish his formula for Indiana high school sports too. If they ever change the football playoffs to qualifying (currently all in) people usually propose using Sagarin ratings.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk