Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2019 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    From what little I have seen he is still a factor and Danials and Strong are solid. Sounds like maybe their OL has been playing under par for what they are expecting with hopes of improvement. Gibbs seems to be what you would expect from a RFr QB not named Trey Lance. I do feel good about the game and how we have steadily gotten better every game.
    We have of late had a difficult time with stopping zone/stretch blocking and a good/solid RB who finds seems. That is what SDSU and Strong do best. I’d also rate Strong above ISU Robinson.

Will be interesting to see how we defend that scheme.

Let’s get past MSU first of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    We have of late had a difficult time with stopping zone/stretch blocking and a good/solid RB who finds seems. That is what SDSU and Strong do best. I’d also rate Strong above ISU Robinson.

I haven't checked all of the SDSU games but the ones that I have I was surprised to see Strong with such few touches. I believe against Youngstown he had around 10 touches. He gave us problems in the past so I thought he would be a bigger emphasis in their offense.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I haven't checked all of the SDSU games but the ones that I have I was surprised to see Strong with such few touches. I believe against Youngstown he had around 10 touches. He gave us problems in the past so I thought he would be a bigger emphasis in their offense.
    They split carries quite a bit between him, CJ Wilson (who is a similar back IMO but probably not as talented), and Mikey Daniel (who is their short yardage back and is a 5th year senior - not nearly as dynamic but probably a bit better in pass pro and such).

Remember what Twitter Fingers Eck said in the offseason... SDSU has the best collection of RBs in the country (and don't @ him).

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Agreed. SDSU need to take time off the clock and run the ball...gonna be a slugfest in the trenches.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Agreed. SDSU need to take time off the clock and run the ball...gonna be a slugfest in the trenches.
    Well, Rozeboom is still playing, so probably...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Well, Rozeboom is still playing, so probably...
    I forgot he has his 9th year of eligibility...then its a thug fest when he is involved.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I haven't checked all of the SDSU games but the ones that I have I was surprised to see Strong with such few touches.
    Yep, in 4 games Pierre Strong is averaging about 11 touches per game, with about 82 yards per game. SIU (5th game) was an exception with 20 touches and 229 yards. Weird use this year so far. Could be that they didn't need Strong for the 4 games, but SUI was closer. I haven't watch any of the games, so don't know if SIU was more of a test for the bunnies.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Stig just keeping him fresh for the Bison.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Down to 39.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

NDSU regular season record:
    12-0 55.8%. -1.3%
    11-1 39.0% +1.1%
    10-2.. 5.0% +0.2%
    9-3... .0.2% +0.0%
    8-4... 0.004%
    7-5... 0.000003%

opponent chance spread
    @ SDSU 64.5%. -5.0 -1.6% +0.5
    @ YSU.. 94.3% -21.5 +2.3% -2.5
    v. W Ill.. 99.9% -42.5 -0.0% +1.5
    v. USD.. 96.2% -24.0 -0.2% +0.5
    @ S Ill.. 95.4% -23.0 -2.3% +4.0

Summary of Methodology: Calculating the win percentages assumes that game results are normally distributed around the Sagarin spread with a standard deviation of approximately 14 points. The Sagarin spread is simply the difference between the teams Sagarin rating +/- Sagarin's home field factor. Additionally, I make a further adjustment that is approximately the same size as the home field factor for teams coming off a bye week.

Sagarin's take on seeds by conference:
    Mo Valley: 3 (NDSU 1, SDSU 3, UNI 6) no change from last week (SDSU 2, UNI 5)
    Big Sky: 3 (Montana 4, Sac St 5, Weber 7) no change from last week (Sac St 8)
    Colonial: 2 (JMU 2, Villanova 8) +1 from last week (Villanova, JMU 3)
    Southern: 0 -1 from last week (Furman 6)

Sagarin's take on AT LARGE playoff spots by conference [(at large teams not listed above) autobid not listed above]:
    Big Sky: 6 (Mt St, UCD, EWU, Id St)
    Mo Valley: 5 (YSU, Ill St, USD)
    Colonial: 2 (Towson), changes: Towson in UNH out
    Southern: 1 (Wofford) Furman

Last 4 in:
    Colonial (Towson)
    Mo Valley (YSU)
    Big Sky (Id St)
    Southern (Wofford)

First 4 out:
    Southland (Nicholls)
    Mo Valley (S Ill)
    Southland (C Ark)
    Colonial (UNH)

FYI: just assuming at this point that the team with the top rating in each conference will win the autobid.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 10-21-2019 at 11:44 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie