Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2019 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I just saying that I wouldn’t push all in on that percentage ... but I’m a bit conservative, so ...

Thanks for informative reply tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your collision course phrasing prompted me to check.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    They must be damn good if they're only allowing 2.1 YPC!
    They've got bookend DEs that are both monsters. Think of it as if the Bison had 2 Derrek Tuszkas. John Daka has 12.5 sacks, 8 QB hurries, and 20.5 TFLs and then Rondell Carter has 9.5 sacks, 10 QB hurries, and 22.5 TFLs. So it's not exactly easy to pass on them either with those guys coming off the edges.

Radunz and Volson, who've given up 0.5 sacks in 446 combined dropbacks this year, against those two DEs who have combined for 22 sacks and 43 TFLs would be quite the individual matchups. Unstoppable force meets immovable object.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They've got bookend DEs that are both monsters. Think of it as if the Bison had 2 Derrek Tuszkas. John Daka has 12.5 sacks, 8 QB hurries, and 20.5 TFLs and then Rondell Carter has 9.5 sacks, 10 QB hurries, and 22.5 TFLs. So it's not exactly easy to pass on them either with those guys coming off the edges.

Radunz and Volson, who've given up 0.5 sacks in 446 combined dropbacks this year, against those two DEs who have combined for 22 sacks and 43 TFLs would be quite the individual matchups. Unstoppable force meets immovable object.
    Yes, that would be quite the matchup. I see that one DE is 270!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Your collision course phrasing prompted me to check.
    Understood. I said that was my “feel” tho, which differs from numbers, although taking in both says JMU/NDSU Natty matchup.

And, for those who care, the last mutual Natty matchup didn’t go well for our running game. Just think/feel it will be an intense/competitive game. And see above posts about their run D.

I enjoy smash-mouth/hard-hitting games for some reason.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Understood. I said that was my “feel” tho, which differs from numbers, although taking in both says JMU/NDSU Natty matchup.

And, for those who care, the last mutual Natty matchup didn’t go well for our running game. Just think/feel it will be an intense/competitive game. And see above posts about their run D.

I enjoy smash-mouth/hard-hitting games for some reason.

Didn't JMU end up with more yds passing and on the ground in that game or am I misremembering?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

You can compare all the numbers you want but when the competition is completely different as in no mutual opponents it doesn't mean a whole lot.

It can tell you if a team is good or bad but how good or bad is so relative you can't compare.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    You can compare all the numbers you want but when the competition is completely different as in no mutual opponents it doesn't mean a whole lot.

It can tell you if a team is good or bad but how good or bad is so relative you can't compare.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Well, the numbers, these anyway, suggest the JMU is the second best team in the subdivision and no one else is really that close. And that seems to be in line with expert opinion.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Assume JMU side of bracket results in that low of/coin flip of %?

To expand on my prior response to this. The biggest difference is in the quarterfinals where JMU’s lowest rated possible opponent is 5 points better than NDSU’s highest rated possible opponent.

I’ll say it again ... I feel JMU and NDSU are on a collision course to Frisco and that it will be one hell of a game. People here say their secondary is suspect, but they arguably have an overall better Dline than us, which protects the secondary a bit if you buy into their secondary is bad. I’m seeing that it’s just as good as ours given out problems at the weak side CB position. Keep in mind that Hayes got used by Stapleton in the Natty until we decided to pressure at CB and run stunts and blitzes to get to the Shor and protect Hayes.

Im thinking the Natty will be an epic battle if both JMU and NDSU make it, and I’m looking forward to it in order to “treat” what ever little Bison Fatigue one may accuse me of.

I also think it is very likely a JMU v NDSU final, and that game could go down to the wire with these 2 teams on a neutral field this year.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Yes, that would be quite the matchup. I see that one DE is 270!
    Its one thing to be big, quite another to be big and well-conditioned (as Jax St showed us in 2015).
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery